Articles on this Page
- 12/15/18--19:04: _Updates failing, mu...
- 12/15/18--21:13: _What I used for HDD...
- 12/16/18--01:55: _Messed with graphic...
- 12/16/18--02:44: _Unknown Display Error
- 12/16/18--06:28: _Solved Boot Order E...
- 12/16/18--11:00: _Bad MB or PSU?
- 12/16/18--13:21: _dual monitors, slee...
- 12/16/18--14:32: _Task Scheduler & CEIP
- 12/16/18--16:01: _Logitech combo mous...
- 12/16/18--16:25: _Need Help With Corr...
- 12/16/18--18:52: _Sounds won't play f...
- 12/16/18--21:08: _Setting the default...
- 12/17/18--04:09: _Web history?
- 12/17/18--06:05: _Windows 7 Freeze
- 12/17/18--08:49: _Solved Can I safely...
- 12/17/18--11:26: _Need a little help ...
- 12/17/18--12:31: _Window 10 will not ...
- 12/17/18--16:45: _Beyond Windows 7
- 12/17/18--19:38: _Customizing Small F...
- 12/17/18--22:12: _Copy of Windows 7 s...
- 12/15/18--19:04: Updates failing, multiple error codes
- 12/15/18--21:13: What I used for HDD Screws in a Pinch
- 12/16/18--01:55: Messed with graphics card driver settings, now black screen always
- 12/16/18--02:44: Unknown Display Error
- 12/16/18--06:28: Solved Boot Order Engagement
- 12/16/18--11:00: Bad MB or PSU?
- 12/16/18--13:21: dual monitors, sleep 1, but not 2?
- 12/16/18--14:32: Task Scheduler & CEIP
- 12/16/18--16:01: Logitech combo mouse & keyboard delay switching off the display
- 12/16/18--16:25: Need Help With Corrupt Files Win 7 Ult - SFC /Scannow
- 12/16/18--18:52: Sounds won't play for Windows program events in User account
- 12/16/18--21:08: Setting the default photo EDITOR Only in Windows 7 64 bit
- 12/17/18--04:09: Web history?
- 12/17/18--06:05: Windows 7 Freeze
- 12/17/18--08:49: Solved Can I safely remove Drive Letters ???
- 12/17/18--11:26: Need a little help with sharing/accessing second machine
- 12/17/18--12:31: Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7
- 12/17/18--16:45: Beyond Windows 7
- 12/17/18--19:38: Customizing Small Frame in Aero - VSB
- 12/17/18--22:12: Copy of Windows 7 suddenly became non-genuine.
I reformatted a couple months ago to another SSD. Everything is working fine, but I can't install IE11 because of missing components, and any updates fail. I can provide logs, but I'm not sure which one is needed. This is 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Everyone here helps me a lot; I thought this might help someone else sometime.
I fabricated a rack on top of my machine to hold some SATA-connected 3.5" HDDs
When it came time to attach the HDDs, the normal HDD screws were about 1/8" too short for the 1/8" thick aluminum angle that I used to make the rack.
I thought I had things covered, as I had a jar full of 3mm machine screws that...
I had a VERY minor problem after switching to a plasma tv as a monitor with some flashing durring startup, between the loading windows screen and the logon screen. I saw an option to change "CVT"? I think to an option that said something like "reduced flashing", hit save, and it went black.
Restarted and it will show the computer posting and the BIOS, show the progress bar of windows 7...
Im running Windows 7 Home Premium on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012) via Bootcamp.
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
I need to run Acronis to do a TIB on the hard drive. This is a HP 8100 SFF Elite.
I can F9 to access the boot order. When I select and then click on the ATAPI CD/DVD DRIVE nothing happens.
I can can on sata and windows then boots.
I go into setup and arrange the boot order ATAPI first, then USB, then Hard Drive. When the system boots instead of engaging DVD the boot simply engages...
I have a OptiPlex 9010 that's been sitting around for a while and would like to put it to use or sell it after it is fixed, if possible. I would hate to tear it down and sell off the parts as it is still in good shape and better than anything I'm running now. I'm not very good at fixing Hardware because it seems to take more knowledge about how to use a Multimeter and don't really have the work...
being more descriptive,
i have 2 monitors set up, on extended display ..
monitor 1 i use for the pc platform/desktop etc
monitor 2 i use for windows media centre, which works well,
but is their a way to set the 'turn monitor off' only for monitor 1 ?
If I completely disable Customer Experience Improvement Program, will Task Scheduler be fully functional?
I post here for the first time, but I spent many hours yesterday browsing the Internet in search of some possible solutions to my problem. The only thing I found, and what exactly covered the problem was this thread on the forum: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324496-wireless-mouse-keyboard-changes-way-pc-goes-into-sleep-mode.html.
I have Logitech MK260 wireless combo...
I am trying to clean up my accountant's hard drive that was in a Dell GX520 PC running Win 7 Ult, 4Gb, 250Gb HD. The mobo went south due to bad caps and got to the point where it wouldn't boot. I asked him if he had any problems when he was using his programs and he replied 'No'. So i can only assume his data files are ok. Norton Security Premium is up to date & reports all is...
In my User account I can't hear Windows sounds anymore when a program event occurs, such as when I log into Windows. Nor can I hear the sounds when I try playing them in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds, even when the Windows default sound theme is selected. I first noticed this malfunction last week.
There's nothing wrong with the computer's sound card since I can hear sounds just fine in...
Is there a program or registry tweak to make Windows Paint the default program to edit all picture files but not the default viewer?
I have tried the following in the Registry but I still get "Windows Photo Viewer" when I select edit in the right click menu. I still prefer a old freeware version of ACDsee as my default viewer.
Do you delete your browser history sometimes?
I have reinstalled windows 7 for probably 5 times in the last few months and every time it is because windows 7 freezes at start up or randomly and I can't do anything except turn off the laptop and do a fresh re-install.
I thought it was firefox or comodo firewall but I am not sure. It could be some display driver glitch or incompatibility but every time I download and install the latest...
I currently have four SATA hard-wired HDDs in the machine in question.
Between these four disks, there are several partitions that contain various clones of my O/S and the accompanying System Reserved and Factory Restore associated with each.
Each and every one of these partitions is assigned a drive letter.
Needless to say, in Explorer, both in the sidebar folder tree and on the computer...
I have two W7 Ult machines. Both are set to static ips; the first machine is 192.168.1.100 (named Jeff-PC), and the second is .101 (named Jeff-101) Sharing between these is not a problem.
I have done away with the second machine, and have made the first my second. I have also built a new machine, which will be the first. Both have unique MS lic #s. Trust me, there is a reason to do...
My home network has two computers, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, shared on a HOMEGROUP. For many months the Win 10 computer has shared a local HP LaserJet printer connected (LPT1) to my Win 7 machine. Recently, after an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO longer connect to the shared printer on the Win 7 machine. When I go to ADD PRINTER, no shared printer shows up. However, I can...
I believe the support end date for Win 7 is what...Jan 2020? So what are people planning to do beyond that? I have 5 machines here, all running win 7 except for one win 8 machine that I've configured to be pretty much like win 7.
Is win 10 still the privacy crippled dumbed down smartphone-like OS it was when I tried it (pre-release)?
Can the settings be secured to maintain privacy...
Hi, I'm trying to customize the small windows that some programs use. Ex. this is the find/replace window in *Notepad++*:
Left is the Basic theme and the images are at:
Windows and Caption Buttons > Basic >
Today, my copy of Windows 7 suddenly became non-genuine. I made no modifications to the hardware.
I bought a new key but it won't work. I am unable to go online to resolve the issue. The option to "Go online and resolve now" leads me to a Page Not Found.
I don't know what else I can do. I have no idea where I can find a legit Windows 7 Home Premium key.
I thought the one I just...