- RSS Channel Showcase 2082691
- RSS Channel Showcase 7421329
- RSS Channel Showcase 9646445
- RSS Channel Showcase 2158293
Articles on this Page
- 11/21/18--01:25: _Send and receive fi...
- 11/21/18--02:02: _Persistent scam?
- 11/21/18--05:30: _Network and Sharing...
- 11/21/18--08:10: _What is preventing ...
- 11/21/18--08:37: _WIN 7 NAS + XP-PC n...
- 11/21/18--09:46: _Save money and time...
- 11/21/18--10:27: _VB Audio Virtual Au...
- 11/21/18--11:18: _Graphical glitches ...
- 11/21/18--12:42: _sleep shutsdown
- 11/21/18--14:33: _Work computer > Ho...
- 11/21/18--19:48: _Networkin my 2 mach...
- 11/21/18--22:46: _Solved a problem ge...
- 11/22/18--03:51: _Kb982018
- 11/22/18--07:00: _How many computer d...
- 11/22/18--09:47: _What should I do wi...
- 11/22/18--20:02: _a new problem with ...
- 11/22/18--22:51: _Why is Windows Upda...
- 11/22/18--22:55: _Network Map and Unk...
- 11/23/18--03:06: _Chrome Auto Update ...
- 11/23/18--04:03: _Windows Explorer in...
- 11/21/18--01:25: Send and receive files in Windows 7 without permission
- 11/21/18--02:02: Persistent scam?
- 11/21/18--05:30: Network and Sharing Centre (NaSC) cannot see Wireless USB Adapter
- 11/21/18--08:10: What is preventing me from changing the name of a folder?
- 11/21/18--08:37: WIN 7 NAS + XP-PC not showing
- 11/21/18--09:46: Save money and time with Microsofts Personal Shopping Assistant
- 11/21/18--10:27: VB Audio Virtual Audio Cable Input and Out put mixed up
- 11/21/18--11:18: Graphical glitches on some areas of desktop
- 11/21/18--12:42: sleep shutsdown
- 11/21/18--14:33: Work computer > Home Computer
- 11/21/18--19:48: Networkin my 2 machines--wired
- 11/21/18--22:46: Solved a problem getting a usb wifi stick working
- 11/22/18--03:51: Kb982018
- 11/22/18--07:00: How many computer do you have and use?
- 11/22/18--09:47: What should I do with Old Electronics and their Accessories
- 11/22/18--20:02: a new problem with the Dell Precision 390 tower
- 11/22/18--22:51: Why is Windows Update offering me KB3185319 now?
- 11/22/18--22:55: Network Map and Unknown Device
- 11/23/18--03:06: Chrome Auto Update Questions...
- 11/23/18--04:03: Windows Explorer in Win 7 Ultimate x64 crash not recognized
Sorry for my bad English
A few days ago I noticed that my Internet bandwidth is changing And there is a lot of downloads and uploads Without my permission I use tp link modem and connected to lan cable I encountered security issues on the modem, only Upnp modem has been active
I installed NetWorx software and DU Meter software
One day I was again suspicious 100 or 200 MB to receive...
I keep getting the attached message which I assume is a scam but I am not sure which is the best software to use to get rid of it. I am aware of the usual free stuff out there so could anyone point me in the right direction?
Hope the good folks out there can solve this one ... driving me mad!
Desktop PC running Windows 7 Home Premium (latest patches applied).
I cannot see the wireless USB adapter in Network and Sharing Centre (NaSC) - it says 'No Connections are Available".
Have gone into Device Manager & checked on driver (says latest driver installed).
Today, when I attempted to rename a particular folder, I got the popup "Folder in Use." I closed all programs that might possibly be using the folder, but I still got the popup. After rebooting Windows, I still got the popup! What's going on? How do I fix the problem?
I am new to this Forum, but not new to computing (on it since the 8086 processor and before).
Recently I ran into a problem (after a move from Trend-Micro to Bitdefender) for which I can not find a solution or work-around, despite several hours of reading.
Maybe somebody knows the matter is addressed already and just points me to the right thread.
Image: https://blogs.windows.com/uploads/mswbprod/sites/2/2018/11/17000adac1c1f14a1751b7e81037db3b.jpg (https://blogs.windows.com/uploads/mswbprod/sites/2/2018/11/17000adac1c1f14a1751b7e81037db3b.jpg)
*Microsoft’s Personal Shopping Assistant (https://psa.microsoft.com/home/)*, first released *in 2016 through The Garage...
At the moment my only "pair" of headphones has only one working speaker (the other is missing!), so I've been using VB Audio Virtual Audio Cable to combine both channels and play them through the left earpiece. Recently, though, I fell for one of those stupid driver updater scams, which installed that annoying RealTek bloatware, and I'm not sure if it was then or some time afterwards...
Just recently I've come across a weird issue with some areas of my computer having black blocks around text like in task manager here. It also happens when i hover in the corner where it says hide desktop that also has a black block. The most annoying of all, when I right click, that menu also has black blocks with hard to read text. Any ideas? Edit: it also happens in some programs like...
when I select "sleep" I get an "unexpected shutdown " when it awakens.
My company replaced their computers about a year ago, and my boss gave me one of the old towers to take home and use as my own home computer.
I pulled the plugs on my old dinosaur computer, and hooked this one up. I have no need to access the work network... but the new computer will not connect to the internet using my current wired router.
Ideas? I feel like somehow the work network is...
Wired, only 10' apart
Actiontec M1424WR rev. 1
2 machines *HP* and *Gateway, *both mine. I've had HP (in my sig) a few years, just inst. Win7 in Gateway, and trying to network them. I'm a newbie networking on 7, although I did it many times on XP.
1--My network is already called *RSNETWORK*. Gateway wants to call the network "*Home group.*"
Both machines see the...
I am on my tablet because I can't get this Mediatek USB Wi-Fi stick working on my new Dell Precision 390 tower OS Win7 Home 32bit, The driver disk has Windows drivers for MTK and a Ralink. I can't get eather driver to work. I have had it working in the past. So right now I can't connect the tower to my router or the internet. Do I need to get a new USB Wi-Fi stick?
PS: on the USB Wi-Fi...
Can anyone please check on your system if it has a KB982018 patch installed?
Important - and this is not an Advanced Format disk(4k physical sector)
And one more thing. Copying 1 large file at a speed 20 Mb/s that is too slow on SATA II 7200RPM hdd?
I currently have 2 computers, that I use. Both are Windows 7 Professional. A computer is a desktop Dell Optiplex 330, and the other is Inspiron laptop. Also, a retro computer that runs Windows 98 that I just keep in the corner. It can be quite confuse if you use 2 computers at the same time.
I have a bunch of CRT TVs, VCRs and VHS tapes, some I came into possession when executing relative's estates. I have tried to give them away on Craig's List, Facebook Marketplace and a garage sale with absolutely no interest. The nearest recycling center wants $25 apiece to take the TVs off my hands which would cost me about $100 to do. They won't even accept the VCRs. I can probably trash the...
I am back on my tablet again because the Dell Precision 390 tower OS Win7 Home 32bit has stopped working. I shut down Windows and the system normlly because I had other things to do. When I got back and I tried to start the system back up. All the tower did was the blue LED behind the power button blinked and that's it, other then the yellow LED on the motherboard is on. Other then the 2 LED's...
When I logged onto my computer this morning, Windows Update notified me that a new update was available to install.
Except that the update is the 2 year old KB3185319, and a quick Google search seems to indicate that this IE security update has long since been superseded :sarc:
Microsoft is known to reissue old updates from time to time (KB2952664 being the most heinous example and more...
I researched this and researched it until I'm blue in the face, with no resolution.
Regarding the Windows 7 Network Map, I get this blue question mark suggesting
an unknown device (see attachment). The only way I can get rid of it is to disable
and then re-enable my Realtek adapter. That only lasts until the pc goes to sleep
1: Chrome never notifies me that an update is available..
2: When I click on 'check for updates' it automatically updates Chrome whether I want to or not..
Is there a way for Chrome to check automatically for updates and ask first before installing them??
I've read many of the threads on this general subject but non apply.
My system starts and runs great. Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) is used for many things including populating icons on the desktop and taskbar. All of those things work fine. However when a process calls Windows Explorer and the pop-up screen shows the file folders it crashes. I have to use a 3rd party program to...