- RSS Channel Showcase 7098563
- RSS Channel Showcase 4816581
- RSS Channel Showcase 2391549
- RSS Channel Showcase 6062196
Articles on this Page
- 11/23/18--06:31: _How can i retrieve ...
- 11/23/18--07:07: _Some videos convert...
- 11/23/18--07:32: _P2P camera security
- 11/23/18--08:47: _Data Recovery from ...
- 11/23/18--21:03: _Network Security Ke...
- 11/24/18--03:22: _lock folder from ot...
- 11/24/18--03:46: _Backup and Restore ...
- 11/24/18--04:51: _Advice please on th...
- 11/24/18--10:25: _Disc burners won't ...
- 11/25/18--02:02: _Install Mac OS X in...
- 11/25/18--04:30: _Old battery not cha...
- 11/25/18--06:27: _Macrium Restart
- 11/25/18--07:39: _BSOD ataport.sys
- 11/25/18--07:40: _Nvme Driver
- 11/25/18--10:31: _win7 64bit boot time
- 11/25/18--11:22: _How to Check if Lap...
- 11/25/18--12:24: _BSOD, Occurs During...
- 11/25/18--19:03: _Program Files (x86)
- 11/25/18--19:14: _I noticed something...
- 11/25/18--23:28: _Looking for webcam ...
- 11/23/18--07:07: Some videos converted to mkv with various apps flicker / flash
- 11/23/18--07:32: P2P camera security
- 11/23/18--08:47: Data Recovery from Hard Disk
- 11/23/18--21:03: Network Security Key Mismatch
- 11/24/18--03:22: lock folder from other software access
- 11/24/18--03:46: Backup and Restore Hard Drive Image
- 11/24/18--04:51: Advice please on this update from July 2018 KB4338818
- 11/24/18--10:25: Disc burners won't stop spinning or finish burning after updating
- 11/25/18--02:02: Install Mac OS X in Virtual Box?
- 11/25/18--04:30: Old battery not charging, charger rating incorrect? Win7 Starter
- 11/25/18--06:27: Macrium Restart
- 11/25/18--07:39: BSOD ataport.sys
- 11/25/18--07:40: Nvme Driver
- 11/25/18--10:31: win7 64bit boot time
- 11/25/18--11:22: How to Check if Laptop Has Problems
- 11/25/18--12:24: BSOD, Occurs During System Load (Video Games), BCCodes 3b & 19
- 11/25/18--19:03: Program Files (x86)
- 11/25/18--19:14: I noticed something curious about my new Samsung 860 EVOs.
- 11/25/18--23:28: Looking for webcam that's compatible with HP Compaq 6000 Pro
I lost my Windows 7 product key. Changed my HDD and clean installed Windows 7. Looked everywhere for the activation code but there is no hope in finding it. What can be done? My laptop manufacturer is useless. I'm not sure if it would make a difference but back when Windows 10 first came out and they where sending this "upgrade now for free" messages, i upgraded. But about 3 weeks later, i...
Some videos that I converted to mkv with various apps (DVDFab, Make MKV) flicker when played in Pot Player, yet not when played with VLC or Media Player Classic. The overwhelming majority of converted videos work fine when converted with those converters and played in POTPlayer. I find the resolution in PotPlayer better - the films just look cleaner when playing, so I prefer to solve the problem...
I have a WIFI camera in my room that I monitor on my smartphone when I'm away. It works with P2P, no port forwarding. I checked Shodan and my WAN IP looks good, but I need a sanity check. Is there a way for someone to see this video stream? The WIFI is of course password protected using WPA2 AES and the camera has a password. I'm sure there is a WPA2 CVE that I read about, but I'm not that...
My neighbor has an old Dell Laptop with a SATA drive. The computer stopped working and Windows 7 would not load. I tried to fix the OS with the Windows 7 Install disk but I kept getting disk read errors. I took the drive out of the PC and installed it in a USB case. I started Windows on my Desktop and I can see the drive but it sets up as two hard drives. I cannot read any data on...
My system has a wireless adapter that uses the Ralink software. I added a new printer and I haven't been able to establish a wireless connection. When I attempt to connect, I get prompted for the Network Security Key, but the attempt to connect always fails with an indication of Network Security Key Mismatch.
I've removed and added the network connection several times, but haven't had any...
im looking for software to lock a folder and prevent it from other softwares access.
for example lock a folder and just give permission to windows explorer for access it.
I know I should have done this long ago, but I just never got around to it.
Yesterday I made a system image and placed it on an external hard drive. It seems rather straight forward to replace the image should I ever need it.
The question I have is: Is there anyway to verify the image I created. It seems a big deal if I ever need it and it is no good?
Advice please on this update from July 2018
Release Date: 10 July 2018
Version: Monthly Rollup
Often I will check to see if Windows Updates have reported problems.
I recently had an issue with a BSOD and wound up updating my drivers. I updated my BIOS driver since it said it was old while I was doing that. Now, it seems I can't finish any disc burning jobs. I have two dvd burning drives on this PC and both of them just get stuck burning via Roxio software and never finish. The drive just spins and spins and never stops. The disc won't let me...
Has any of you has tried install a Mac OS X inside a virtual machine?
Hi everyone, maybe someone can shed some light on my predicament. I have acquired an Acer Aspire One D255E 10" Win7 Starter x32 Intel Atom laptop to attempt to bring back to life.
The laptop hasn't been touched for some four years, but it runs fine and has been updating for the past few days. The problem is with the battery and charger. The battery isn't charging, although the battery charging...
I stopped using Macrium Reflect in March 2018 because I did not have time to sort problems that had ensued (sickness in family). I want to restart backups but cannot find the scheduled backups page I was using previously. Please can someone advise.
I've been getting BSODs for over a year now, sometimes one every day, sometimes once a week or longer.
Almost all of them are KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007a caused by ataport.sys
I've checked my ram, ran chkdsk, replaced the PSU, reseated all components, replaced the hdd data cable.
I'm thinking it may have something to do with entering the screen saver after this morning's BSOD,...
I have just got a HP SSD EX920 M.2 Nvme drive. I have windows 10 install on it and I run both Windows 7 & 10. Everything is fine in Windows 10 that I see all the drives. But in Windows 7 I can't see the new Nvme drive. It tried to install it. But in Device Manager it is showing up as a PCi Device with the "!" point.
I have tried to search for a driver but no luck. I think at one time...
i have an ssd hard disk and boot time is about 39 secs is normal? i disable all unused services i have only avaast, brother plotter service, realteak audio drivers but if i start in safe mode the boot is very fast...
i try disabling avast with no result
i scan for malware and viruses ...nothing
Recently, my laptop is not as it used to be. Examples include:
* After restarting, Security Essentials was turned off, so every time I had to turn it on manually.
* It seemed to be slower than usual occasionally but not always.
* The WiFi connection used to be perfect but now it sometimes did not work. I needed to disconnect it and reconnect again, especially after turning off and...
*You might notice that there is no attached DMP file. There is a reason for this, so keep reading, please.*
I have done a fair amount of 'self-troubleshooting' for the past few days on this issue with seemingly no *concrete* answer in mind. However, with my limited knowledge, I believe I have narrowed down the issue to a few possibilities:
1. System Corruption
2. Defective/Missing Drivers...
PC / Windows 7: in C:\ there is 1) Program Files and 2) Program Files (x86); why the two and what is the difference; should/could one or the other be deleted? Thank you.
I noticed something curious about my new Samsung 860 EVOs. I spent today transferring the data on my old 4TB Samsung 850 EVOs to my new 4TB 860 Pros. When I touched both drives while and after transferring, the 860 Pros were noticeably cooler than the 850 EVOs. I don't know if the difference is better design of the 860s over the 850s or better design of the Pros than the EVOs (or both). Also, the...
I'm looking for a new webcam. The old one I had, a Logitech c920 plugged in, but every time I restarted my computer, the HP splash page came up, but it didn't boot up Windows 7. I think the computer was looking for the OS from the webcam, but I'm not sure. Everything works until I restart the computer, so the Logitech c920 is incompatible with it I guess.
I have an HP Compaq 6000 Pro with...