- RSS Channel Showcase 3698599
- RSS Channel Showcase 2373612
- RSS Channel Showcase 1386424
- RSS Channel Showcase 9864942
Articles on this Page
- 11/17/18--07:31: _Where are Indexing ...
- 11/17/18--10:14: _Wacom intuos pro no...
- 11/17/18--11:49: _Random BSOD, usuall...
- 11/17/18--15:15: _I need a new monito...
- 11/18/18--05:34: _Turning the Compres...
- 11/18/18--08:41: _BSOD x124, unsure o...
- 11/18/18--09:16: _BSOD playing assort...
- 11/18/18--09:42: _.NET Framework 4 Er...
- 11/18/18--11:50: _Continual 'USB Disc...
- 11/18/18--12:33: _Swap HDD on exact s...
- 11/18/18--13:36: _Trailing/Ghosting a...
- 11/18/18--14:24: _Create a task to ru...
- 11/18/18--15:22: _Remote NDIS error 3...
- 11/18/18--16:01: _Hidden OS files sti...
- 11/18/18--21:11: _Replacing a dead SSD
- 11/18/18--23:29: _Google Drive Not Sy...
- 11/18/18--23:30: _Do you eat alone of...
- 11/19/18--02:08: _New drive C SSD siz...
- 11/19/18--04:35: _How come my ssd ben...
- 11/19/18--06:59: _CPU usage dropdowns...
- 11/17/18--07:31: Where are Indexing Options stored in the registry?
- 11/17/18--10:14: Wacom intuos pro not got device driver from windows update
- 11/17/18--11:49: Random BSOD, usually when waking up
- 11/17/18--15:15: I need a new monitor. Are they all compatible?
- 11/18/18--05:34: Turning the Compression Bit On?
- 11/18/18--08:41: BSOD x124, unsure of source and would like to pinpoint it.
- 11/18/18--09:16: BSOD playing assorted games, error 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe
- 11/18/18--09:42: .NET Framework 4 Error (0x80070643)
- 11/18/18--11:50: Continual 'USB Disconnect' sound?
- 11/18/18--12:33: Swap HDD on exact same model laptop?
- 11/18/18--13:36: Trailing/Ghosting after window when dragged around. (Multiple PC's)
- 11/18/18--14:24: Create a task to run exe if it is not running.
- 11/18/18--15:22: Remote NDIS error 31 when tethering to my phone.
- 11/18/18--16:01: Hidden OS files still showing in remote applications.
- 11/18/18--21:11: Replacing a dead SSD
- 11/18/18--23:29: Google Drive Not Syncing
- 11/18/18--23:30: Do you eat alone often?
- 11/19/18--02:08: New drive C SSD size requirements
- 11/19/18--04:35: How come my ssd benchmark so slow?
- 11/19/18--06:59: CPU usage dropdowns during stress test
I want to index not only the properties but the contents of ALL of my files.
I can go into Indexing Options, select one extension at a time, and click the radio button to index contents instead of just properties... but I have hundreds of extensions. I would like to change them all easily.
I was hoping these settings would be stored in the registry, where I could use a batch operation to...
Ok, so I got the Wacon Intuos pro I wanted for few years by now, turn out it got revisioned to a "better" model in 2017 (which I haven't thought was that big of a deal) and that wacom have history upon histories of bad driver support (and technical support),
So I tried to plug it to the computer (which ran on win7 SP1 OS) and aside from getting electricity to chrage the tablet I didn't got any...
Can someone interpret this? I ran memtest x8 and my RAM wasn't working. BIOS is at its latest same with video card.
I need a new monitor for my computer because the old one is dying. It takes 10 minutes or more to load up. But I'm wondering, do I need a certain kind of monitor or will they all be compatible with my computer?
My dying monitor was a 17 in. I tried a different monitor that my brother had which has a wider screen. I used it for a few weeks and then the sound went out in it. But one thing...
I have a Computer Engineering and Science background, so I know about computers and the dangers of compression. I want to find out, a couple things. I am using Windows 7 on my computer (never bothered to switch to Windows 10 which a lot of people, including me, consider a downgrade). But I may want to compress a partition of a drive, until I get money for a new one.
1) I have a 300 GB...
Using a PC that was built by a friend of a friend who works with them for a living. Hes moved and no longer have access to help from him sadly. Not entirely sure where to start other than probably a memtest.
Any help on where to begin testing my hardware, or figuring out if its a driver issue would be great.
I've been getting BSODs basically with increasing frequency for the past few months. I really can't tell what's causing them; there doesn't seem to be a common thread other then that it happens when I'm playing a game (it's happened on Rising storm 2, Garrysmod, CS:GO, and GTAV). In the last 24 hours I had 3 and decided that I needed to figure out what was causing it. I've been going through...
I keep having problems with installing and configuring Windows Updates via DISM ++ (after successfully running Repair install). Upon rebooting my PC, Windows is not able to configure updates and never progresses more than 15%. Then it reverts changes.
I tried to bypass with standalone installer.
System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [October...
Every ten to twenty (or even every few, on occasion) minutes, I hear the Windows USB disconnect sound (but never the 'Connect' equivalent). I have searched for a way to locate and fix the problem, but all I have come up with so far is to open up all the possible USB connection items in Device Manager and watch for changes as the sound occurs. Or just turn off the Windows USB warning sound option...
I have an *OEM* [as in the product ID xxxxx-*OEM*-xxxxxxx-xxxxx] HP laptop [the one I mainly use for the Internet - this one I am on now] that is about 10 years old. My Brother-in-law has the *exact* same model. The one he has got has hardly ever been used.
Is there any reason why I can't just swap the HDD over?
If the MB and BIOS are the same would there be a problem?
I started having this problem for the first time this evening and for 3 hours now i tried googling my way to the solution as i have done for 20 years. But im really at a loss with this one
To make the answers brief and direct, *here is a list of things i did already do to try solve this.*
* In the options for performance: On/Off the "Show content in window when dragging"...
I am trying to figure out how to use task scheduler to open an exe if it is not already running, also trying to get the task to check this every hour or so but all I get is Daily, weekly, etc options.
*(originally posted on Superuser, however lately I've been having a problem of none of my questions getting answered on Stack Exchange. :p)
Recently I've been trying to download a few games, however many of the games I want are gigabytes big, and this would obliterate my home network's 15GB data cap. My phone's internet connection is unlimited, so I attempted to tether it to my PC to...
I use remote access programs on my Android device (mainly ES and FX file Explorer) using the SMB protocol. For some reason I can still see all of the protected operating system files. $Recycle.bin, System Volume Information, Program Data etc.
I've tried a lot of things. Disabled administrative shares, reset all the sharing and security permissions, but they still appear on the remote...
I have a computer with an SSD that has the OS and some Apps. It also has a HDD with photos and videos. The SSD failed. I purchased a new SSD and installed it. I disconnected the HDD and installed windows 7 on the new ssd. Now can I just plug the HDD in and it will work like it did before? I don't want to lose the photos and videos. I don't have a backup. Do I have to set up windows...
Windows 7 has a shared folder for Google Drive under Favorites and it shows the contents of my Drive. If I add something to the Drive from my phone or desktop at work (thru the web app) and then look in this folder on my desktop at home it'll be there. But I dragged a file on my home computer into this Google drive folder and it does not appear on Google Drive's web app or on my phone. So it...
Do you always eat alone in front of the computer?
I'm looking to replace my very full Windows C drive with a larger SSD drive. It needs to have space for all Windows updates, MS Office and its updates and game files in My Documents folder. ***What size SSD should I buy to allow space for all this?*** (My current C drive is compressed and has run out of space for more Windows updates and MS Office updates and its used space is about...
I just got a Crucial BX500 240GB and the benchmark substaintially lower (in the 4k section) than other benchmarks I've seen online. What could be the reason?
These are my benchmarks: Image: https://i.imgur.com/0UHjdrj.jpg
Different benchmarks for the same drive:
My laptop boots very quickly, in about...
Hi guys, during stress tests I have noticed strange usage dropdowns on CPU usage (which should not happen on a stress test I believe?)
It happens multiple times over several hours, no signs of overheating, GPU/mobo/CPU always below 60°.
Tried on a lower memory frequency (stock 2400) instead of the current 3200.
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 running @ stock speed
Aida64 was used for testing....