- RSS Channel Showcase 4310488
- RSS Channel Showcase 2287201
- RSS Channel Showcase 5673820
- RSS Channel Showcase 9544800
Articles on this Page
- 09/04/18--15:35: _Outlook 365 - canno...
- 09/04/18--16:04: _Formatting SD card
- 09/04/18--16:05: _Having Accessed Des...
- 09/04/18--16:52: _PC Hangs/Stops resp...
- 09/04/18--18:26: _BSOD when startup c...
- 09/04/18--21:19: _How do you install ...
- 09/05/18--00:56: _Upgraded to Win 10,...
- 09/05/18--12:59: _Files I create fals...
- 09/05/18--17:27: _Keyboard is over-se...
- 09/05/18--19:41: _Migrated to SDD but...
- 09/05/18--19:58: _Trying to get my au...
- 09/05/18--20:14: _High CPU Usage Norm...
- 09/05/18--20:21: _2nd HDD gone after ...
- 09/06/18--02:55: _Excel font color do...
- 09/06/18--07:02: _deleting recent ite...
- 09/06/18--07:46: _Please can someone ...
- 09/06/18--07:57: _New Release of Tor ...
- 09/06/18--09:30: _Microsoft offers pa...
- 09/06/18--09:42: _Microsoft Helping c...
- 09/06/18--09:59: _BSOD when awakening...
- 09/04/18--15:35: Outlook 365 - cannot change email account data
- 09/04/18--16:04: Formatting SD card
- 09/04/18--16:05: Having Accessed Desktop from Windows 10 Insider can't boot Windows 7
- 09/04/18--18:26: BSOD when startup computer
- 09/04/18--21:19: How do you install Windows 7 on a recent Kaby Lake laptop?
- 09/05/18--00:56: Upgraded to Win 10, scanner problem
- 09/05/18--12:59: Files I create falsely showing as locked by Admin
- 09/05/18--17:27: Keyboard is over-sensitive,scrambles while typing-Acer-Win7
- 09/05/18--19:58: Trying to get my audio working...permenently
- 09/05/18--20:14: High CPU Usage Normal or Not?
- 09/05/18--20:21: 2nd HDD gone after clone & boot from new drive
- 09/06/18--02:55: Excel font color doesn change on changing windows high contrast mode
- 09/06/18--07:02: deleting recent items going to recycle bin
- 09/06/18--07:46: Please can someone read these dump files for me
- 09/06/18--07:57: New Release of Tor Browser 8.0
- 09/06/18--09:42: Microsoft Helping customers shift to a modern desktop
- 09/06/18--09:59: BSOD when awakening from sleep; ntoskrnl and others
Dell 660 PC/Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 64-bit.
I figured I'd update from Office 2010 to Office 365 but have run into a problem with Outlook. All of my accounts, calendars, etc. seem to work just fine but I cannot change any information in any of my accounts. Help says to go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, select account and select Change. All that works but the only dialog...
I have an SD card, has 2 partitions. First is 56 MB, second is 7.9GB.
I need to find a way to format the entire SD card as a single device, but the OS is only letting me format the 56MB partition which is basically useless. I cannot delete either partition, I cannot extend the first partition to use the rest of the disk.
Yesterday I had to bring work home with me. A notebook taken off the network was to be deployed elsewhere. The IT technicians based at work flatten Notebook drives - they remove the recovery partition. So I had to download the ISO from the Dell Support website. Like Windows 10, any images will overwrite anything and the only large scale device available to me was my Patriot 64 Gb memory stick...
I'm not sure where to post this to get help on my PC hanging or freezing up and nothing responds except the mouse seems to be able to move around.
I found this when I checked the windows event log. It shows several errors but only one Critical error .
Event 7026, Service Control Manager
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Now to give...
Recently, I got BSOD whenever I startup my computer. It will go to the logon screen to type password then the blue screen appears. I did not install new software or hardware and every 6 months I brought my laptop to shop for cleaning dirt and apply new thermal glue for CPU.
Attached file as required
Ok, so personally I run Windows 8.1 on this new ASUS GL553VE laptop (I downgraded it from Windoze 10, and it wasn't easy) that I'm typing on. Well, it's not that I hate Windows 8.1 or am using it as a compromise not to use Windows 7, to be honest I *love* Windows 8.1, but I just wonder if Windows 7 works (or even installs at all) on this machine. Nothing serious, really. Just out of curiosity.
I have an expensive Canon 4200f scanner that won't work following installation of Windows 10 pro.
It worked fine on Win 7 ultimate, using Vuescan pro.
I had to use a driver from the Canon website first, and then Vuescan did the rest.
I've tried using that Canon driver in compatibility mode, but no good.
Vuescan says it can't see the usb scanner, without the driver, even though...
I have many processes that I have created and run through Excel VBA. These processes will save versions of workbooks, or Word files, or PowerPoint files onto my hard drive. Part of these processes is to clear any other files that may have been created the day before.
Here's the problem... randomly when I go to delete some of these files in Windows Explorer, it will tell me I have to have...
I've been using a second-hand Acer5532 laptop for 2 mo. and the problem existed then. Typing with anything but the most "ginger" touch, the cursor jumps throughout the document...primarily along the same line of type, usually restarting on the same line, towards first space on line, but even more erratically, wheen touch is more forceful, and will jump lines both up and down within document page....
Using the Minitool Partition Wizard, I cloned my HDD (Disk 2, 1 Tb) to SDD (Disk 1, 1 Tb). I then went into the BIOS to change boot order. And it works. BUT the win 7 OS partition (100 mb) now has its own drive label (circled in red) And the original HDD has no label and is not showing up in Explorer along side the other drives (right side of pix)
1. Are the missing labels for the HDD (disk 2)...
I am trying to get my audio drivers working on a continuous basis. About once per day the audio stop working. Then I have to uninstall both drivers and put my machine into sleep mode. Then, when it wakes up, about half the time the audio drivers are re-installed correctly and half the time they are re-installed but they still don't work. So, I have to do a reboot, and again, about half the...
Hey guys, having this issue with a little pc that I fixed to sell and keep from going to the recycle bin. I put about as much money into it that I'll get from it. It's a low powered Windows 7 machine and a bit slow. So I want to make sure there is no garbage programs phoning home and taking up precious resources. I think all is normal but this is an OEM Install with all the junk on it.
I used Acronis True Image (WD edition) to clone my old HDD. For cloning, old_HDD was drive 0, new_HDD was drive 1. Before cloning, both drives were visible in Disk Manager. After cloning, I disabled drive 0 (old_HDD) in setup (F2). The system booted on drive 1 (new_HDD).
I next connected new_HDD as drive 0, and booted again. This too worked.
I then connected old_HDD as drive 1 and...
Because of problems with my eyes, I often use windows in high contrast which is essentially as I understand, can be described as of Windows theme with dark colours. When I start Microsoft Excel 2010 on Windows 7 in high contrast mode, the Microsoft Excel background is black and the foreground is white like any other application in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook 2010.
When I send...
I've search the forum but nothing shows for this problem.
I have a recent problem. When I open a lot of files since I've had Window 7 you can right-click on recent file and select delete, it removes them from the list.
Today if I do the same it says delete item to recycle bin with a yes/no confirmation.
Why has it just started to do this?
So my suspected issue was my HDD as it is now only 95% on health during a HD sentinel pro checkup. And also I only bought it via 2nd hand meaning I'm not the first owner. Then during HD sentinel, it says this HDD is already living through 6 years! But again, please someone read the dump files. The last error I get was not a BSOD but rather a gray screen with grains then my pc restarted but I...
For the past year, we have been collecting feedback on how we can make Tor Browser work better for you.
Tor Browser 8.0, our first stable release based on Firefox 60 ESR, is now available from the *Tor Browser Project page (https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html)* and also from our *distribution directory (https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/8.0/)*. This...
As previously announced, Windows 7 extended support is ending January 14, 2020. While many of you are already well on your way in deploying Windows 10, we understand that everyone is at a different point in the upgrade process.
With that in mind, today we are announcing that we will offer paid Windows 7 Extended Security Updates (ESU) through January 2023. The Windows 7 ESU will...
IT is complex. And that means it can be difficult to keep up with the day-to-day demands of your organization, let alone deliver technological innovation that drives the business forward. In desktop management, this is especially true: the process of creating standard images, deploying devices, testing updates, and providing end user support hasnt changed much in years. It can be...
I've attached the zip file per the forum instructions. I'm new to the forum as you can see.
Had this custom system for about 4-5 years; crashes on a daily basis, usually while asleep and when awakening from sleep. Here are the things I've tried thus far:
1. Reinstalled Win7 home premium 64 bit just the other day: no help.
2. New boot SSD: no help.
3. Memtest: no help.