- RSS Channel Showcase 2426408
- RSS Channel Showcase 2906412
- RSS Channel Showcase 8783330
- RSS Channel Showcase 2331398
Articles on this Page
- 09/06/18--11:45: _3TB drive of GPT ty...
- 09/06/18--12:35: _Recovering from a V...
- 09/06/18--12:44: _KB4345590 Will Not ...
- 09/06/18--13:22: _When and where can ...
- 09/06/18--13:23: _File and folder sha...
- 09/06/18--13:59: _Advanced Disk Clean...
- 09/06/18--16:19: _Start CMD Window in...
- 09/06/18--17:16: _Had this BSOD
- 09/06/18--18:33: _Finding/Changing In...
- 09/06/18--18:57: _Is there any softwa...
- 09/06/18--22:12: _Getting lots of tim...
- 09/06/18--22:16: _Graphics Card Upgra...
- 09/07/18--05:36: _Office365 blank scr...
- 09/07/18--08:55: _Solved Google no lo...
- 09/07/18--09:08: _trying to have 2 PC...
- 09/07/18--11:49: _Windows 7 installat...
- 09/07/18--13:34: _Copy of Windows not...
- 09/07/18--14:55: _Lock Window Size & ...
- 09/07/18--16:41: _Mouseover Info disa...
- 09/07/18--20:02: _I turned off Window...
- 09/06/18--11:45: 3TB drive of GPT type only showing 2TB - Why?
- 09/06/18--12:35: Recovering from a Virus - some advice
- 09/06/18--12:44: KB4345590 Will Not Install
- 09/06/18--13:22: When and where can a Windows-7 OEM Liciense be used?
- 09/06/18--13:23: File and folder sharing W7
- 09/06/18--13:59: Advanced Disk Cleanup Question
- 09/06/18--16:19: Start CMD Window in Full Screen If Not Then Maximized
- 09/06/18--17:16: Had this BSOD
- 09/06/18--18:33: Finding/Changing Installation Details of Applications
- 09/06/18--18:57: Is there any software that's compatible with Windows 7 but not 8?
- 09/06/18--22:12: Getting lots of timeouts mainly using Chrome
- 09/06/18--22:16: Graphics Card Upgrade For WinXP That Supports Window 7
- 09/07/18--05:36: Office365 blank screen on login attempt
- 09/07/18--08:55: Solved Google no longer displays Thumbs
- 09/07/18--09:08: trying to have 2 PCs on one monitor and have them share a harddrive
- 09/07/18--11:49: Windows 7 installation will not recognize USB 2.0
- 09/07/18--13:34: Copy of Windows not genuine
- 09/07/18--14:55: Lock Window Size & Position By Way of Registry Hack
- 09/07/18--16:41: Mouseover Info disappeared
- 09/07/18--20:02: I turned off Windows Update- the internet is working a lot better
I have a 3TB Seagate hard disk which I converted to GPT type using AOEMI Partition Master Standard so that I could partition it into 2 drives of 1TB and 2TB for a total of 3TB. I converted the MBR to GPT but when I check the drive, it is showing total capacity of 2TB with partitions of 1TB each. Why is this happening and how do I fix it to get the full 3TB capacity? Windows 7 Disk Manager also...
Some people are really stupid. Take me for example. I let my OS (Windows 7 Pro) get infected with a Trojan. Or did I? Ill let you decide after you read about my dilemma and recovery frustration.
To begin, my first clue that I had a problem was when strange things began to happen. Glitchy and slow operation, black screens before apps loaded, Google searches that went somewhere I hadnt...
*Every other update is installing fine, but not KB4345590.*
So, I went to:
Years back, I had had a Windows-XL PC.
As time went by, I upgraded memory and the hard drive.
When Windows-7 came along, I purchased an OEM copy and installed it on that PC.
Things progressed and the PC became slower.
I purchased a re-furbished PC off the Internet without an Operating System installed on it.
I installed my OEM copy of Windows-7 on it and discarded the XL-PC.
Two weeks ago,...
W7-32 ACER-PC shares with all others except Tosh-64 and DELL-64
W7-64 Toshiba TOSH-64 shares with all others except Acer-PC
W10-64 DELL-64 shares with all others except ACER-PC and EMATIC
W10-64 ACER-64 shares with all others except ACER-PC and EMATIC
W10-32 EMATIC shares with all others except ACER-PC
Hi i have been following this great guide to access _*Advanced Disk Cleanup*_ in Win 7 :-
Advanced Disk Cleanup - Create Shortcuts Without A Batch File! (https://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/195496-advanced-disk-cleanup-create-shortcuts-without-batch-file.html)
it's really good but i just wanted to clear up 2 things :-
1. these shortcuts route to C:\ right, system disk c....
Hi, i wonder if there is a way to start command prompt in full screen every time. Since this is windows 7 if not full screen then maximized?
i was thinking by way of some registry hack; ie. if possible i don't want to use a separate utility to do this.
this refers : i posted the thread below 2 years ago, and we have a solution for notepad, so i was wondering if we could do the same for...
Attached if all relevant info from my computer as per the instructions in the pinned thread for requesting help with a BSOD. If anyone can help please.
if we use regedit, we can find/change some programs' installation dates at
but i realized i could not find details on all the applications i installed. i searched on this topic, and a poster wrote at a tech site :-
"The InstallDate registry value appears to be used by Windows Installer-installed applications. Applications...
Sometimes, I see people refusing to upgrade from Windows 7 (or even from Windows XP) because there are applications that wouldn't work on newer versions of Windows (8, 8.1, 10)... but can anyone give me examples of such applications?
Applications that simply won't install, not even with a workaround.
Previously I would get timeouts on all websites but that has quietened down. Now it is all sorts of websites such gmail, sevenforums, LastPass, Stackoverflow and others but it clears up after a while. Websites on other tabs are at usable the same time as the problem. I mainly use Chrome though I have seen it on IExplorer.
Hello, I have old computers that have worked like champs for me for years, but now computer manufacturers and programmers are leaving them behind!! I would like to upgrade them for Windows 7 while that OS is still supported by Microsoft and Firefox/Chrome browsers.
For starters, I have a Dell Dimension E310 desktop with WinXP HE SP-3 32-bit that has the Intel GMA 900 82915G/GV/910GL chipset...
Office 365 (2016 64 bit) version 1802 (Build 9029.2167) on Windows 7 home premium SP1, updated recently.
After a repair install of Windows 7 (here (https://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/416070-wupdate-kb4343900-fails-error-80073701-a-5.html), needed to repair Office 365 (second repair option required) as no Office app would start.
Office fixed, would not activate (blank...
When I open google it no longer displays thumb images of previous visited sites.
For years it always has had square images of sites visited, so I just used to click on image to go to that site.
About 2 days ago thumbs stopped appearing, did google stop them now ?
I have changed nothing in settings.
I hope this is the right section and my title makes sense.
I have a 16bit program that is crucial to my business and there are no alternatives for it and it is keeping me from going to 64 bit OS. I use this program for design along side photoshop and illustrator, but of course PS and AI (along with everyhting else) lags because my RAM is limited to 4gb.
So my idea, if possible, is to build...
I need to install windows 7 32bit on a HP elitedesk 705 G3 desktop. This desktop currently has windows 10 installed that works just fine. The software that I will need will only work with windows 7 32bit.
The mouse and keyboard will not work when I get to the first installation screen when booting from the windows 7 install disc (the screen where you select the language).
I have tried...
Have genuine Dell Win 7 for years now. Ran fine until the last few months where several times I've booted and had a black desktop with icons and the old Copy of Windows is not genuine. Each of the past couple of times I did the SLMGR -REARM at a command prompt run as admin. And then it ran fine for a long time in between.
Today it came up with the not genuine window. I hadn't had a Windows...
Hi, is there a registry hack to disable further resizing & repositioning of ALL windows (ms win & 3rd app), keeping the particular last remembered size & positioning? Sort of like : a toggle registry bat file which locks unlocks start menu from further modification
1) I'm a newbie here, so hello everyone
2)I'm not stupid with the computer but I'm far and away not an IT type, so phrase your answers accordingly.
OK, so here's the problem (if it is a problem);
Yesterday I could mouseover images in ETSY and get info on what I was seeing, such as "Blacksmith anvil 700 pounds. "
Today, I get nothing on the mouseovers. How do I fix...
I had Timeouts and multiple failures of downloading.
The following update was installed seven times- last time it wasn't tried again so I don't know if Windows Update will try again.
If it tries again later should I struggle to get this update done?