Articles on this Page
- 08/09/18--14:23: _New Network Card
- 08/09/18--14:24: _Outlook 2007 problems
- 08/09/18--14:38: _Movie maker error m...
- 08/09/18--14:54: _Idle hybernation wh...
- 08/09/18--16:14: _AutoPlay when USB H...
- 08/09/18--16:21: _Mysterious startup
- 08/09/18--20:59: _Shell Open Problems
- 08/09/18--21:34: _BSOD few mins after...
- 08/09/18--22:04: _BSOD often - even w...
- 08/10/18--01:20: _How to permanently ...
- 08/10/18--04:24: _BSOD on condition 0...
- 08/10/18--05:04: _Computer restart ne...
- 08/10/18--09:16: _Windows 7 User Prof...
- 08/10/18--09:37: _New Wi-Fi attack cr...
- 08/10/18--10:12: _Error code
- 08/10/18--11:20: _Outlook 2010 pst im...
- 08/10/18--13:31: _Why am I getting ep...
- 08/10/18--17:25: _Error 1068 when sta...
- 08/10/18--22:21: _win 7 not connectin...
- 08/11/18--04:37: _Possible motherboar...
- 08/09/18--14:23: New Network Card
- 08/09/18--14:24: Outlook 2007 problems
- 08/09/18--14:38: Movie maker error message
- 08/09/18--14:54: Idle hybernation when settings are changed in power options
- 08/09/18--16:14: AutoPlay when USB HDD is connected
- 08/09/18--16:21: Mysterious startup
- 08/09/18--20:59: Shell Open Problems
- 08/09/18--21:34: BSOD few mins after startup, new mobo/CPU
- 08/09/18--22:04: BSOD often - even when computer is idle
- 08/10/18--01:20: How to permanently delete Facebook account?
- 08/10/18--04:24: BSOD on condition 0x04c citing file avipbb.sys
- 08/10/18--05:04: Computer restart needed for home network discovery
- 08/10/18--09:16: Windows 7 User Profile 331GB
- 08/10/18--09:37: New Wi-Fi attack cracks WPA2 passwords with ease
- 08/10/18--10:12: Error code
- 08/10/18--11:20: Outlook 2010 pst import export fails
- 08/10/18--13:31: Why am I getting episodes of 100% CPU usage?
- 08/10/18--17:25: Error 1068 when starting service, dependencies win32 error
- 08/10/18--22:21: win 7 not connecting to the internet at all
- 08/11/18--04:37: Possible motherboard failure
I just got a boost in my Wifi Speed so I decided to get a new Card. I got it installed OK, the screens seem to be changing faster BUT the internet icon in the right lower corner, the cone one, has a star in it as if it is not working. What do I have to do to get the star gone from the cone? Any ideas?
Recently I had to start using an old laptop with Windows 7 on it & using the Outlook 2007 program for emails. The problem I'm having, is when you click on an email to read it, Outlook says it's contacting the server for info. This happens on about every email you go to read & sometimes it almost seems the program is trying to lock up & it sometimes says MS Outlook not responding at the top. ...
Hi! I've been trying to figure out how to save my movie maker project as a movie. Has anyone had experience with this kind of thing before? I get an error message that says I don't have enough room to save the movie. And I find that many others have had this problem, when I look up the subject online.
I made the slideshow from pictures, and not from any already-made video. But can't...
In power options, I have my Acer Aspire 5733z Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (SP1) set to never sleep, never hybernate, never dim or turn off display even when I close the lid.
Recently, I closed all windows and left the laptop to idle at desktop overnight. The next morning I had to bring it out of hybernation.
Am I on the right track by thinking "overheating"?
Laptop (Lenovo) with External USB3 HDD for data storage
Partion #1 50* GB NTFS
Partion #2 250* GB unallocated
The external HDD stores mixed data (4,800+ files): txt, png, pdf, odt, doc, docx, etc
Current data occupies 34% of partition #1 ... 17GB
When the data drive is connected (USB3) *AutoPlay* runs, analyzing the data type.
All I want is the data HDD to open in WinExp...
The last few times I have rebooted, I see something odd. It's as if I clicked the Start button then started typing 'Input' - here's a screenclip:
Image: http://rainmaster.dyndns.org/testing/dg/CuriousStartup.png This happens all by itself, then it disappears after a couple of minutes...any ideas?
On Brinks list of Shell commands (windows 7)I did not see Shell:Open or Shell:Open With
so a little confused why they are not there.
Here's my Problem
Visual Basic Classic (VB5) - yes I still use it - as of today starts Maximized instead of Normal (moveable).
Just installed a new Asrock B450M-HDV and Ryzen 5 1600 with 8GB ram due to failed original board/CPU in a Dell Studio 540 circa 2009.
Win is hitting BSOD with pci.sys promptly after signing in. Will post file shortly.. tough when I have 30 second after signing in to get it posted before BSOD kicks in. :confused:
Formatted HD and fresh Win 7 install at first load. Installed mobo drivers off...
This happens almost daily, sometimes when the computer is not being used and sitting idol. Other times it has done it with only a internet browser open (Firefox). I included the zip file I was instructed to create by this site as well as a dump file created after one of the occurrences.
Can anyone tell me what is failing?
I go to this page, login and all I get is a blank damn page. https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
It's as if they don't want you deleting your account. Bad enough I can't uninstall the App in my phone. I could only disable it and I'm using a firewall to block any of its BS connections.
I tried three browser by the way.
I have been trying to isolate an apparently unbreakable freeze on the Ideapad z565 specified in my profile. The freeze happens after the text-mode display of the drivers list is reported, but before the desktop appears. I had reason to believe it could be connected to video drivers, and went into safe mode to remove them and reduce to basic vga mode.
But this time when I try to boot in full...
I have three computers on a home network. Sometimes they can *_not_* see each other on the network. Sometimes just one can *_not_* see the others. The only way I have been able to solve this is to turn off all machines and turn them on again. I just did that once again and it worked. This time I took a note of the sequence I turned them on and the fact that I turned them on quickly one...
I have an issue with my Windows 7 user profile in that it is 331GB in size. I'm on Windows 7 Pro, SP1 and it's all running on a Dell Optiplex 7040. As you can imagine, it's having an effect on the speed and general performance of my machine. I've compressed everything on my C:\ as well as running CCleaner. Any further ideas as to what could be causing this bloat? It is a...
A new way to compromise the WPA/WPA2 security protocols has been accidentally discovered by a researcher investigating the new WPA3 standard.
The attack technique can be used to compromise WPA/WPA2-secured routers and crack Wi-Fi passwords which have Pairwise Master Key Identifiers (PMKID) features enabled.
Security researcher and developer of the Hashcat password cracking tool...
My samsung N150 running windows 7 starter. will not update some important updates I get the error code 800B0100. And every time I shut down it says it needs to update.
Also when I run a scan it said there are registry errors.
Can anyone help solve these problems.
Operating Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
I can no longer export or import pst files.
The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error, restart Outlook.
The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error, if the problem persists, restart Outlook.
I use my main PC to run X-Plane 11 only (flight simulator). It mostly runs well, but for the past several days, every 10-15 minutes the CPU cores all start running at 100% and the simulator all but freezes up.
I am at a loss to explain this... I can't think of what has changed that might account for it. I ran Process Monitor and made a copy of the entries of a one-minute duration, during which...
I would appreciate help with this problem. I searched for help and found this post:
---Quote (Originally by cottonball)---
Please use the following diagnostic tools. They may help us get to the cause of your issues:
:info: Please use the *Farbar Recovery Scan Tool*.
happened after pc turned off itself, started my computer up and all of sudden, its showing that yellow triangle on the network icon bottom right. i've literally tried every reset command also tweaking.com and uninstalled then reinstalled the network adapter, nothing.
here's what the troubleshooting log keeps saying ip not found, how is that possible my router is working fine on all my other...
Yesterday the power went off in my sisters house, since then my nephews PC wont turn on i had a look this morning and the fans, motherboard and graphics card lights are coming on but the PC itself isnt coming on - i suspect it could be the motherboard but i thought i would ask if it could be soming less costly
Thanks in advance