- RSS Channel Showcase 5279020
- RSS Channel Showcase 5045125
- RSS Channel Showcase 7621357
- RSS Channel Showcase 2906460
Articles on this Page
- 09/12/18--09:57: _What is Windows(R) ...
- 09/12/18--10:45: _Watch Live Apple Sp...
- 09/12/18--11:09: _Is there a way to a...
- 09/12/18--11:36: _Win 7 Services requ...
- 09/12/18--13:33: _Word 2000 - Replace...
- 09/12/18--19:16: _Folder Recovery-Whe...
- 09/12/18--19:34: _Possible crypto inf...
- 09/12/18--19:52: _Security Advisory A...
- 09/12/18--20:20: _Reinstalled win7 ge...
- 09/12/18--21:11: _Copy, cut & paste q...
- 09/13/18--05:52: _BSOD opening Accuwe...
- 09/13/18--08:36: _Adware.Hicosmea
- 09/13/18--08:37: _YouTube starts test...
- 09/13/18--08:42: _Restoring from an i...
- 09/13/18--09:59: _Strange colored cub...
- 09/13/18--15:33: _Type Of Cord Needed...
- 09/13/18--17:44: _cant run any msi or...
- 09/14/18--05:33: _PC Restarts Automat...
- 09/14/18--06:10: _Solved Microphone c...
- 09/14/18--08:19: _Passed the A+ certi...
- 09/12/18--09:57: What is Windows(R) 7, OCUR add-on
- 09/12/18--10:45: Watch Live Apple Special Event September 12, 2018
- 09/12/18--11:09: Is there a way to auto connect Bluetooth headphones?
- 09/12/18--11:36: Win 7 Services required for general operation
- 09/12/18--13:33: Word 2000 - Replace Formatting Characters - Find 'Dot' Alternative
- 09/12/18--19:16: Folder Recovery-Where is Recycle Bin
- 09/12/18--19:34: Possible crypto infection detected by cryptoprevent...?
- 09/12/18--20:20: Reinstalled win7 getting BSOD sometimes. Would love some help.
- 09/12/18--21:11: Copy, cut & paste question
- 09/13/18--05:52: BSOD opening Accuweather.com the satelite map, error 0x0000001E
- 09/13/18--08:36: Adware.Hicosmea
- 09/13/18--08:37: YouTube starts testing AV1 video format
- 09/13/18--08:42: Restoring from an image on drive D
- 09/13/18--09:59: Strange colored cubes on websites
- 09/13/18--15:33: Type Of Cord Needed Inside Desktop For USB 3
- 09/13/18--17:44: cant run any msi or msu file
- 09/14/18--06:10: Solved Microphone constantly being listened
- 09/14/18--08:19: Passed the A+ certification
Hello - I noted this when doing the slmgr dli all
It is not licensed on my machine, I'm just the curious type.
Googling has been no help.
Join us here September 12, 2018 at 10 a.m. PDT to watch the Apple Special Event, live from the Steve Jobs Theater.
*Watch live at:* Apple Events - Keynote September 2018 - Apple (https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2018/)
I just recently bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones to use with my laptop. Every time I want to use them, which is daily, I have to start up my list of Bluetooth devices and select the headphones and then when the connect window pops up, my headphones are automatically connected as a Telephony device and not connected for listening to music as would like. I then have to disconnect...
Recently a "MICROSOFT TECHNICIAN" gained access to my Dads computer and disabled almost all the services. I'm attempting to reset the services and recover his PC without reloading windows.
My question is, is there a list of minimum required services to get back online? Or do I need to reset all of these one by one?
Just looking for an easier way. Maybe help someone else down the...
I am a Word/Office Luddite who prefers Office 2000. It does what I want and most often I can do it without spending time 'learning' how an 'improved version' does it 'differently.'
I regularly copy and paste text that contains italics, so I do not want to resort to using paste special - unformatted text in this instance. I set Word to display all formatting marks. Recently I encountered a...
I hope you will forgive my ignorance if this is indeed the case, but, I thought I could access the Recycle Bin to recover mistakingly deleted files and/or Folders. Is this incorrect? Is access to this still available and I just can't find it. I'm running Windows 7 SP2. I accidentally deleted a folder yesterday and see offers to purchase programs/software to restore deleted info. Is this my...
Hi, err, got a window warning popup two days ago, should I be worried or is this just to scare me? 😂😅
If it is genuine, I can just boot the computer up scan the shit out of it to see for any infections and if all cleans it's good or should I try a more specialize route and let you malware removal experts tell me exactly what I should do? Rather than me scanning, finds nothing and reconnect to...
Microsoft is aware of a denial of service vulnerability (named "FragmentSmack" CVE-2018-5391) affecting Windows systems. An attacker could send many 8-byte sized IP fragments with random starting offsets, but withhold the last fragment and exploit the worst-case complexity of linked lists in reassembling IP fragments. A system under attack would become unresponsive with 100% CPU...
Reinstalled win7 from recovery partiion couple days ago, tried updating all drivers to latest i could find but the laptop is pretty old, so yeah. Got a few BSOD, wondering why, probably outdated driver, just dont know which or where to obtain latest driver for my laptop. Id love all the help. error 0x80041003. Let me know if you need any information.
Running Win7 on Acer Aspire 4830T
I move a lot of data on my SSDs, and thus I try to reduce the amount of data that I write to my drives. One method is to cut a file and paste it to the new location where I want it to be. The theory being is that if I cut the file rather than copy it I won't have double the amount of data written on the drive.
So with that. Does cut actually move data, or is it still replicating data on the...
Could you please, help me with particular ideas what is the cause for my BSOD's?
Im using Win7 Ultimate SP1 64bit.
have checked RAM with memtest - no issues there.
I have downloaded and installed all the important and optional Windows Updates to my system.
I have followed your instructions for ulpoading the .dmp files for analyse and looking forward for your advices.
Almost everytime I run Malwarebytes I get a report that Adware.Hicosmea needs quarantining. I have checked on advice for permanently removing this nuisance, but the steps needed are so involved that I don't fancy trying to do it manually. The adverts that popup recommending various removal software downloads to buy don't inspire me with any confidence!
Does anyone know of a macro that is...
YouTube has started experimenting with using the new AV1 video format and has created an AV1 beta playlist. We have ambitious goals for rolling out the new format, the company said.
*AV1 to replace VP9*
Google has largely opposed the industry HEVC compression standard, partly due to high royalty costs. Instead, the company developed its own VP9 format for HD and 4K HDR video...
I've read the tutorial on system image recovery but I'm a little confused about what to do in my situation.
The "WindowsImageBackup" folder is on my D drive (and I have not moved it, i.e. it was created there). I now want to recreate my computer, and I'm hoping to avoid having to individually reinstall and set up all programs. Do I understand correctly that I can just use...
For a while I've had this PC with no issues but today has been weird because some websites I go to (knowyourmeme, youtube, wikia) have had these strange colored cubes, on wikia they were red, but on know your meme and youtube they were cyan colored. this happened once a long time ago but a computer restart fixed it. but it's back again, i restarted my PC and they are still...
I bought my nephews old desktop. It has four USB plug ins up front. Two are USB 2 and two are USB 3. The USB 3 ones are not hooked up inside the desktop. I'm going to try and buy some wires to hook them up but I'm not sure the official name /type I'm looking for. So, what am I looking for? My motherboard is ASUS P8H67-M PRO. Thanks in advanced.
I have a Windows 7 64 bit ultimate installation that has been running fine for years. It has been kept off-line and by design has not received any Windows updates in a long time. The computer and all installed software runs fine. But I need an updated version of framework to install a newer program and that requires the service pack before it can be run. So today I went to install service pack...
I am currently experiencing a force restart of my computer as soon as I connect to the internet. So as soon as I enter the password for the Internet to the network and press enter, it more or less within seconds restarts the computer automatically.
Any ideas with how to fix this?
The computer is Windows 7 32 bit
I decided to dabble in virtual audio cable, installed it and i used my logitech g430 adapter to make the 3.5mm jacks connect to a USB jack on my front panel.
As soon as i connected it , my microphone was being picked up and listened to constantly by my headphones . I tried to find the issue, realtek audio manager did not register the usb device ( headphones OR microphone ) and disabling the...
Just got home from 220-902. Passed 902 today, passed 901 yesterday. Wasn't able to take both tests on the same day :confused: