- RSS Channel Showcase 9460425
- RSS Channel Showcase 4246768
- RSS Channel Showcase 7906394
- RSS Channel Showcase 3441410
Articles on this Page
- 12/06/18--00:58: _Clean Install Windo...
- 12/06/18--04:20: _What's better Windo...
- 12/06/18--06:06: _My Last Installation
- 12/06/18--09:43: _Backup Internal Har...
- 12/06/18--11:32: _Google Translate no...
- 12/06/18--14:22: _Scroll Wheel Gone C...
- 12/06/18--16:06: _MS Word 07 Fill Pag...
- 12/06/18--23:08: _How to make domain ...
- 12/07/18--02:41: _Getting frequent Wi...
- 12/06/18--09:59: _Microsoft Edge Maki...
- 12/07/18--06:47: _Open file with Note...
- 12/07/18--07:24: _December 2018 Non-S...
- 12/07/18--11:50: _hard drive almost full
- 12/07/18--12:19: _Windows 7 - Windows...
- 12/07/18--13:39: _Solved Where is the...
- 12/07/18--14:49: _Office 2010 On Same...
- 12/07/18--15:32: _Looking for a Free ...
- 12/07/18--17:57: _Varying BSOD's
- 12/07/18--20:15: _minor issue--CRC-SHA ?
- 12/08/18--04:43: _Image downloads sud...
- 12/07/18--19:15: _Computer Running Sl...
- 12/08/18--05:45: _Cant install Google...
- 12/08/18--06:42: _Last chance saloon....
- 12/08/18--09:17: _Open a .png with Ph...
- 12/08/18--10:40: _Windows 7 Installat...
- 12/08/18--11:01: _Windows Phone?
- 12/08/18--16:15: _Can I Use My PC Whi...
- 12/08/18--16:19: _Boot up utility to ...
- 12/09/18--00:04: _BCD File Deleted Ac...
- 12/09/18--04:31: _BUFFALO Hard Disc (...
- 12/06/18--00:58: Clean Install Windows Updates
- 12/06/18--04:20: What's better Windows 7 or Windows 7 SP1 for computer
- 12/06/18--06:06: My Last Installation
- 12/06/18--09:43: Backup Internal Hard Drive
- 12/06/18--11:32: Google Translate now provides gender specific translations
- 12/06/18--14:22: Scroll Wheel Gone Crazy
- 12/06/18--16:06: MS Word 07 Fill Page with Text?
- 12/06/18--23:08: How to make domain network in login screen?
- 12/07/18--02:41: Getting frequent Win 7 error noises (w/lag)
- 12/06/18--09:59: Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration
- 12/07/18--06:47: Open file with Notepad: Access denied. Despite being the owner!
- 12/07/18--07:24: December 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release
- 12/07/18--11:50: hard drive almost full
- 12/07/18--12:19: Windows 7 - Windows Update Repeated Problems
- 12/07/18--13:39: Solved Where is the Control Panel folder located on C drive
- 12/07/18--14:49: Office 2010 On Same PC With Different Hard Disks ???
- 12/07/18--15:32: Looking for a Free Portable Joiner for MKV Files
- 12/07/18--17:57: Varying BSOD's
- 12/07/18--20:15: minor issue--CRC-SHA ?
- 12/08/18--04:43: Image downloads suddenly tagged with security warning
- 12/07/18--19:15: Computer Running Slowly, Please Help
- 12/08/18--05:45: Cant install Google Earth 'failed to authenticate'
- 12/08/18--06:42: Last chance saloon.... Windows won't run.
- 12/08/18--09:17: Open a .png with Photo Viewer from a web link
- 12/08/18--10:40: Windows 7 Installation Media BSOD Error 0x0000000A5
- 12/08/18--11:01: Windows Phone?
- 12/08/18--16:15: Can I Use My PC While - WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics is Running ?
- 12/08/18--16:19: Boot up utility to move and copy files?
- 12/09/18--00:04: BCD File Deleted Accidentally and getting error 0xc0000034
- 12/09/18--04:31: BUFFALO Hard Disc (500GB) not working ! Please Help me out.
Just finished a clean install after Power Outage got me ... probably overdue after 5 years anyway.
1. As this always gets asked, will list all hardware:
1 Case - Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis2 PSU - Seasonic X-12503 MoBo - Asus Maximus VI Formula4 CPU - Intel 4770k5 RAM - (2 x 8GB) Muskin CAS 10 DDR3-2400
6 SSD - 2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW...
Hello everybody. I want to install Windows 7 on the old lap top. I was wondering is it better to install *Windows 7* which I downloaded on 2010 (that Windows don't contains SP1) or *Windows 7 SP1*?
What's you opinion?
I miss the good old before Windows 7 when I had to wipe the HDD and do a clean install almost every year when performance got to sluggish and problems became more frequent. :cry: Then I got my Samsung RV711 laptop with Win 7 Home Prem. in early Feb or March 2012 and haven't had to do do a clean install since that first OOBE.
Is there a reason for not using a SSD as your backup Hard Drive.
Would using a mechanical hard drive be a better laptop setup than having a SSD instead?
In other words is your main SSD & replacing the secondary HD with a SSD have any negitive or positive effects on a laptop? My thoughts are less heat and a quicker system setup. A external mechanical HD being used for a daily backup....
Over the course of this year, theres been an effort across Google to *promote fairness and reduce bias (https://ai.google/education/responsible-ai-practices?category=fairness)* in machine learning. Our latest development in this effort addresses gender bias by providing feminine and masculine translations for some gender-neutral words on the *Google Translate website...
About ten days ago I began having trouble with the scroll wheel on my mouse. I'd scroll down, it would pop right back up to where I started. If I scrolled extra far it might pop up only partway to where I began. Maybe one time in ten it will actually do what it is told.
It did this across all applications: Browsers, Word, Explorer windows, you name it.
So I went out and bought a new...
I use to be able to fill, expand or shrink, a letter to fit on one page. Maybe it was with Word Perfect? Maybe with MS Word, but I'm not finding it even after Googling.
I'm writing Christmas letters and some are short, maybe a 1/2 page. Others are longer, maybe 1 1/2 pages. What I'm currently doing is playing with margins and font sizes to get each letter to (fully) fill just one page.
For example, at login screen, HOME\Username, how to make that appear in login screen?
I have run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ADW Cleaner with no change. In Administrative Events, the red items are mostly Event ID 7031, 7034 and 7036 from source Service Control Manager.
For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the worlds largest supporters of OSS projects. Today were announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility for our customers and less...
HP ENVY DV6. Windows 7 Ultimate all latest updates
So I have this file extracted from a zip.
But I cannot open it. I can't even copy it to another folder.
The only way of moving it is to delete (yes I can do that!) and then unzip to another folder
I can open other files in this folder but not this one
Lockhunter says there is nothing locking this file
The user I am logged on as is the...
Listed below are the non-security updates we released on the Download Center and Microsoft Update today. See the linked KB articles for more information.
* Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (*KB4227172* (http://support.microsoft.com/KB/4227172))
* Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (*KB4461579* (http://support.microsoft.com/KB/4461579))
* Update for...
have win7 with 750 ssd drive. with 640 used space and 109 free do not see any program that is causing the problem.window 44 gb users 23.5 program data 3.0 program files x86 4.4 program files 3.63 the others nothing in gb size. nit sure what to do. any help is appreciated
Is it common for Windows Update to go bonkie ? ... In past years, used to do fresh installs on most of our boxes in the downtime between XMas and New Years. It's a SOHO network and as the employees learned by experience and lectures, the kids grew up and learned reason and wifie ... well, she still can't resist clicking on anything that says free and now we let here suffer with the newest but...
Somehow my Control Panel folder has moved onto my desktop. I don't mean a shortcut - it's the actual folder so I need to move it back to where it belongs. Can someone tell me where it should be stored on the C drive please.
I have Office 2010 Home and Business.
I bought the license.
I have a PC that runs Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
My PC has multiple hard disks. Each disk can be switched on or off while the system box is powered down.
All of the disks have the same exact size, are used on the same exact MB with the same exact peripherals.
All of the disks are used by me.
The title pretty much says it all; for Windows 7. Open to installed software as well. Any suggestions?
This is my first post here, although I have been helped before, by browsing related topics.
My old workstation, is all I have for my music production. Thanks for being around.
So here we go. I have repeatedly experienced BSOD's for quite some time now. I have inconsistent reports on the blue screen. They vary quite a bit.
I have really no clue to what causes this, although...
Some of my context menus are already huge. What's CRC-SHA, why has it recently appeared in my context menus, and how do I get rid of it?
Just recently (within past couple of weeks), all my downloaded image files are blocked with the security warning when I try to open them. This includes one's that opened without the warning previously. I save my downloads to an external hhd.
While the couple of extra clicks aren't that big of a deal, I am curious as to why it's happening. I use MS Security Essentials and do the updates for...
CPU: AMD A8-7650K APU (2014 D.Ka) - 40.9%
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics - 5.7%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 10.5%
USB: Seagate Backup+ BK 1TB - 284.2%
RAM: Kingston 99U5474-036.A00LF 1x4GB - 20.7%
MBD: MSI A68HM-E33 V2 (MS-7721)
Pulling my hair out.
I installed a clean version of W7 Home on my Samsung RV510 laptop. Got all my software onto it except Google Earth which just wont run.
I had this version of GE on this laptop before reinstalling W7 and it worked perfectly. Also have it on my Desktop (also W7 Home) and that works perfectly too. Tried surfing the web for an answer but could only find references to not...
Hello, I'm about to take my son's tower for repair, but being the tightest woman alive I thought I'd ask you guys for help.
Simply put, can't run Windows 7. Get into boot menu, any option I pick puts me back in the loop "start Windows normally/repair."
Can't use safe mode, Windows disc won't load, and when I get to the "repair Windows" option the keyboard and mouse lose power so I can't do...
I have an unusual request. I would like to use Photo Viewer to open a .png file which is
referenced by a link in a web page. This png file resides on my computer and will open
by default with Photo Viewer if clicked on in Explorer. The web page link I have been trying
This will open the file in a separate web page but as a...
When I try to boot my Windows 7 Pro Installation usb I get a blue screen error with the following:
Photo of Error (https://imgur.com/a/Dm5KSQl)
This happens when I boot the usb in Legacy mode with secure boot disabled. I've also tried creating a UEFI version of it using Rufus however it still will not continue. Instead of getting that blue screen error it just freezes on the...
Any of you tried Windows phone? Does it have registry in it?
I would not even think about trying to use my machine if it were one of the internal disks.
I have a completely wiped/formatted 2TB WD HDD in an external enclosure (USB 3.0) that I would like to run WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics on.
Seeing as this will probably take forever --- these things always do for me ---, can I use my machine for other tasks while WD DLD is doing it's thing on the...
Is there a utility that works on USB or CD which would allow me with a graphic environment to move, copy, delete files etc?
I am getting error on my Asus K52N in booting and getting error 0xc0000034.I am using Ubuntu 18.04 alongside that. But I really want to fix it.I have a repair disc ISO file but my laptop doesn't has a USB default boot path and I don't want to buy a CD.
My BUFFALO external Hard Disc is not working since long time. I am having so any important data in it.
Hard disk is connected and light is also blinking, but under Disk Management always getting a error message, *"you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it"*
In Device manager, port is also showing under USB Controller.
I am using this external drive since...