Articles on this Page
- 01/12/19--03:32: _New SSD, Windows do...
- 01/12/19--11:19: _Security with Someo...
- 01/12/19--12:13: _January 2019 patch ...
- 01/12/19--13:43: _MP3 Music Files Loc...
- 01/12/19--15:11: _Computer Maintenanc...
- 01/12/19--21:25: _BSOD On Startup Wit...
- 01/12/19--22:33: _KB4480970, error 80...
- 01/13/19--01:35: _SFC SCANNOW found c...
- 01/13/19--01:40: _ASUS Prime z390-A i...
- 01/13/19--03:35: _BSOD While gaming a...
- 01/13/19--08:30: _Who owns the contents
- 01/13/19--10:25: _Windows 7 key inval...
- 01/13/19--10:30: _How can I disable H...
- 01/13/19--11:02: _Upgrading to window...
- 01/13/19--11:11: _Computer Hangs
- 01/13/19--12:32: _Network troubleshoo...
- 01/13/19--12:34: _Some general questi...
- 01/13/19--12:38: _How to extract text...
- 01/13/19--15:05: _Closed explorer.exe...
- 01/13/19--20:43: _windows media playe...
- 01/12/19--03:32: New SSD, Windows does not find system image
- 01/12/19--11:19: Security with Someone Elses ActiveX
- 01/12/19--12:13: January 2019 patch Tuesday updates installed successfully
- 01/12/19--13:43: MP3 Music Files Locked Up Tight ???
- 01/12/19--15:11: Computer Maintenance List to be Scrutinized
- 01/12/19--21:25: BSOD On Startup With PCI-E FireWire Card Installed
- 01/12/19--22:33: KB4480970, error 80073701
- 01/13/19--01:35: SFC SCANNOW found corrupt files cannot repair, the iasrecst.dll file
- 01/13/19--01:40: ASUS Prime z390-A install
- 01/13/19--03:35: BSOD While gaming ad sometimes even running some programs itself
- 01/13/19--08:30: Who owns the contents
- 01/13/19--10:25: Windows 7 key invalid after 5+ years.
- 01/13/19--11:02: Upgrading to windows 10
- 01/13/19--11:11: Computer Hangs
- 01/13/19--12:34: Some general questions after a new install of Windows 7
- 01/13/19--12:38: How to extract text from Movies?
- 01/13/19--15:05: Closed explorer.exe via desktop manager
- 01/13/19--20:43: windows media player 12 uses what video codecs ?
This is an ongoing problem that Windows has and I have read posts from 100's of users with this issue. This problem is now my problem. I have used the native restore function for years without a hitch until now. I have read about all the possible things that interfere with the finding of the image and most include drivers and naming of folders.
I have spent days on this and was about to...
I write a lot of code and for the first time I need to put someone elses (Other Microsofts) ActiveX on my system in order to access their server. The ActiveX is written in JAVA and Spy++ is of no use to view what API's are inside this ActiveX. Even it I could determine what API's, who knows what flags and code may exist other than what is exposed to the user.
This ActiveX will be sending...
After Brink posted this link few hours ago (late evening 1/11/19), concerning corrective action (if needed) for problem with KB4480970
Access Denied (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4487266/activation-failures-and-not-genuine-notifications-on-vl-win-7-kms-clie)
and image backups as a plan B assurance. ;)
I installed the three following updates with no problems, on a Win 7...
In order to re-partition the primary HDD, I have been moving everything that isn't the O/S and Programs from one machine to temporary storage on an external HDD.
Everything has went off without a hitch until I tried to move a folder that contained a couple hundred or more MP3 bought-and-paid-for music files.
This represents maybe 10% of the music files that I have already moved without a single...
Currently this is my lift of things I do:
Keep a cloned HD that is known good and bookable also image your system every 3 months or more
keep Norton antivirus on the computer and make it run weekly Let Norton antivirus remove temp and browser temp files. - Check it often to see that it is not running defrag on a ssd and check to see if its doing what it is scheduled to do.
Thanks for reading my question!
I'm into film photography, and I use an older Nikon film scanner that connects via Firewire. When I first got the scanner, I used it on an older computer that has a Firewire port.
I wanted to use it on my primary machine so I wasn't constantly transferring scanned photos around.
I grabbed this PCI-E Firewire card: PCIE PCI-E Firewire IEEE 1394...
In December 2018, when doing several updates via Windows Update on my W7 Pro x64, one update has failed and it was "security monthly quality rollup". I decided to wait one month for a next revision of this, but after that I still got an error. It's 80073701 for "2018-01 security monthly quality rollup" (KB4480970).
I've run chkdsk, tried reading on the problem on this forum, run CheckSUR...
Hello all ..this is my first post and I'm new to the forums. I appreciate any help in advance :-)
So my problem is I ran a scan with Malwarebytes last December 16th 2018 and a file named iasrecst.dll in C:window\SysWOW64 came back as a trojan, immediately quarantined it.
This week I ran a sfc /scannow to do a system checkup and got the dreaded message that windows resource protection found...
Seems that the bulk of W7/Coffee Lake success relies upon a fresh O/S install.
Here, an SSD with a working W7 from the old box boots fine. But no matter what 'flavor' of mouse/keyboard port is used, neither function works. Understandable, on this ASUS Prime z390-A system.
Has anyone come up with a sure-fire, straightforward method to locate and install needed drivers?
A post to Reddit...
I get BSOD While gaming ad sometimes even running some programs itself no overheating issue cpu temp idle 30 degree Celsius and while heavy load 40 to 55 degree Celsius max.Attachment 406629 (https://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/bsod-help-support/406629-bsod-while-gaming-ad-sometimes-even-running-some-programs-itself-ankur-pc-sun_01_13_2019__32741_56.zip)
I'm in a bit of a quandary, I have a couple of dozen video tutorials which I want to put on eBay and sell and I'd like to know if they belong to me.
I've been buying second hand hard drives and using FBI retrieval software to collect everything off the drives before reformatting them. I then add a data lead and a plastic housing and sell them as external hard drives on and off the Internet...
My Windows key is seen as invalid even though I have used it for 5+ years. I have tried SLUI 3 for two times and it still give me invalid.
I did run the MGADiag and this is what I got;
I'm currently not able to use virtual machines requiring VT-x, despite having enabled this feature in the BIOS. I think I need to disable Hyper-Vis., but there is no option to do this in the 'Turn Windows features On or Off' menu. What other way can I do this?
Hello, has anyone recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 for free. I realise officially the free upgrade has finished, but have read articles saying it was still possible ( up to Aug 2018 ) It is for a friends pc, so I don't want to screw it up.
I asked on windows community forum but could not get a definitive answer.
Many thanks in advance
I dont want to say its a BSOD or the computer freezes because after a few minutes I can hold down CTRL ALT DEL and the computer goes back to normal. So anyways this happens randomly. Also after the hang I hear the re-inserting noise as if I just plugged in a new USB device(mouse/headset etc). A little history on my situation:
I have a custom build computer. I recently got a...
Fixing a friends Acer laptop, with a failing HDD, turned out to be quite a challenge. The decision was quickly taken to upgrade to SSD storage. However, a multitude of disk errors severely hampered the upgrade. Eventually, after many attempts with two different programs (and numerous CHKDSK invocations), I managed to clone the HDD, and then finally get the SSD installed. Its working well now,...
Would someone be able to answer a few questions I had please?
1. What is the ideal network setups to have on Windows 7. This is in relation to the Home/Public settings. I am nearly sure I clicked on 'Home' option upon setup. But in Control Panel, under Networks and Internet, it says 'there is currently no homegroup on the network.' Is this a good or bad thing?
2. When I went...
software that handle ocr in mp4,avi files.
Hey guys, i accidentaly closed explorer.exe via task manager, when i realized, i restarted my pc but at the windows logo stops and didnt go futher. I tryed reinstalling, but its the same result. What should i do?
I usually play my 1080p HD videos with potplayer or kmplayer. potplayer is ok, maybe slight lag. kmplayer lags terribly, 720p is ok. thought the problem is because my computer is old. but then I used windows media player 12 to play the 1080p videos, and it plays them excellently with no noticeable lag and seemingly no picture quality reduction. so the problem must be due to the codecs. wmp12 uses...