Articles on this Page
- 01/08/19--11:45: _KB890830 update Win...
- 01/08/19--11:51: _Video Maker Softwar...
- 01/08/19--13:22: _Files, Folders miss...
- 01/08/19--13:51: _Password Protected ...
- 01/08/19--14:32: _Today in Technology...
- 01/08/19--15:17: _Sleep is gone, and ...
- 01/08/19--15:21: _KB4468323 DST and t...
- 01/08/19--16:37: _Windows 7 not showi...
- 01/08/19--17:28: _Does reinstall win7...
- 01/08/19--18:22: _Solved Problem with...
- 01/08/19--18:26: _Paragon Restore CD/...
- 01/08/19--21:20: _Can't delete or ren...
- 01/08/19--22:20: _Burn Win7 ISO on macOS
- 01/08/19--23:33: _speakers - high def...
- 01/09/19--01:01: _Password suddenly d...
- 01/09/19--01:35: _Windows Photo Viewe...
- 01/09/19--03:15: _Trying to Save Syst...
- 01/09/19--07:08: _How to allow incomi...
- 01/09/19--08:14: _How to delete User ...
- 01/09/19--09:01: _Solved KB4480970 br...
- 01/08/19--11:51: Video Maker Software - which free one is good?
- 01/08/19--13:22: Files, Folders missing, misplaced when teracopying to SD chip.
- 01/08/19--13:51: Password Protected Laptop
- 01/08/19--14:32: Today in Technology: The top 10 tech issues for 2019
- 01/08/19--15:17: Sleep is gone, and nothing helps
- 01/08/19--16:37: Windows 7 not showing all Thumbnails + green bar
- 01/08/19--17:28: Does reinstall win7 make poor Asus better?
- 01/08/19--18:22: Solved Problem with Grey Box that Appears on Outlook
- 01/08/19--18:26: Paragon Restore CD/Adaptive restore still work & Windows 7 files
- 01/08/19--21:20: Can't delete or rename a folder
- 01/08/19--22:20: Burn Win7 ISO on macOS
- 01/09/19--01:01: Password suddenly did not work
- 01/09/19--01:35: Windows Photo Viewer Doesn't Open
- 01/09/19--03:15: Trying to Save System Image on Network Folder ???
- 01/09/19--07:08: How to allow incoming connections from specific ip address?
- 01/09/19--08:14: How to delete User Account on used computer without password
- 01/09/19--09:01: Solved KB4480970 breaking Local Network access?
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) *5.68* helps remove malicious software from computers running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008.
Microsoft generally releases MSRT monthly as part of Windows Update or as the standalone tool. Use this tool to find and remove specific prevalent threats and...
I used to use Freemake Video Converter but they are basically not free anymore - well, yes, free but useless because they put their logo right in front of the screen and block your view unless you pay for a better version.
Could someone recommend another freeware for similar purposes please?
W7 PRO 32 bit on 2 identically configured PCs
This is going to sound crazy. Much "convalut'n" going on here, hope I got it right. The only new element in this scenario is the Samsung 256 mg micro SD chip. Last yr I've moved many TB of files with TERACOPY 3.26 with virtually no errors. TERACOPY is set to overight older files.
*1)* I just copied a few files from a PC using TERACOPY...
Hi. My Lenovo, which was loaded with Windows 10, expired and I was given a deceased friend's business computer. It is loaded with Windows 7 pro. I was told that it was password protected. I didn't think that would be such a big deal and that all I would have to do was restore the laptop to its original factory settings. My intention was to obtain a link to download a Windows 7 ISO so I purchased...
This past year weve addressed some of historys most important innovations in our Today in Technology (https://blogs.microsoft.com/today-in-tech/) blog and video series. Our focus is always on what we can learn from the past and apply to todays issues.
Today we look back at more recent history the past 12 months, to be exact. It was a momentous year for technology, with the...
"Sleep" is completely gone in my shutdown menu, but none of the many "solutions" I've found all over the web actually do anything for me. The main reason none of them work is because every suggestion I've seen naively assumes I've disabled it one way or another rather than it being utterly gone and hence cannot possibly be re-enabled.
I've tried several alleged registry and group policy fixes,...
This article describes an update that makes daylight saving time (DST) and time zone changes in Windows for the Kingdom of Morocco and Volgograd Oblast, Russia. Before you install this update, see the Prerequisites section.
This update applies to the following operating systems:
* Windows Server 2012 R2
* Windows 8.1
It's going on 3 weeks now, 4 by this weekend, that I lost all my thumbnails.
I have searched this group and followed every step I can think of and I still am unable to fix it.
It all started when I had to compress a video with VLC. I have gone back, uninstalled it.
Rebooted, restored, scanned for virus, malware, etc and nothing.
I also have that never ending green bar at the top of the...
I have an Asus Eee R11CX (ca 5 yrs old) with Intel N2600 (320 GB HDD) and Windows 7 Starter installed, among several Asus stuff.
Im thinking of giving the machine away to a friends little daughter, and wonder if there would be of any use to make a "format C:" on the computer and then install only the win7 and nothing else?
Would that help the poor machine to get a little bit...
First time posting here. Not sure this is the correct area. Must have clicked on something by mistake on Windows 7 and don't know how to get rid of it. In the lower area of Outlook (e-mails, inbox) an unwanted grey box appears. It says something about "connect outlook to online social networks". There is a figure at the top half of a person and lower down it says +add. On the right side there...
Can I still use the method in this post: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/292068-make-windows-7-bootable-after-motherboard-swap.html if Windows 7 is no longer supported? As I understand it 7 will need to be reactivated and will need to download drivers and updates. If 7 is no longer supported how can that take place?
I presume people can still install 7 and MS will activate it and...
When I try to delete a sub-folder inside one of my folder it says "The source file(s) are larger than the supported". And when I right click that folder there's no properties, no cut & paste options. The only options are "open in a new folder" "include in library" "Add to vlc media list" "send to". I tried file assassin to delete the folder but file assassin doesn't even show the folder. What can...
Windows USB/DVD Download Tool is the tool i am using on Windows for creating bootable USB. Is there any app on macOS to do this? My working PC was broken and I need to create a new install USB.
so trouble shooting sound volume going up and down and the option high definition audio that was playing the speakers has disappeared. how to get it back? I also have envy24 family audio option but not a clue what that is for or how to get my speakers to plug into that (it does not show any jack choices). also have nvidia card but too many options no clue what any of those do.
so attached 2...
I was using my windows 7 pc today and had to go out so I turned it off. Upon coming back to it I try to logon and it was saying that the password was incorrect. I checked the event viewer and there was no event for any type of password change. My anti virus has not detected anything malicious. What could cause a password to reset out of nothing?
Here's my config
Corsair 8 GB
ATI Radeon HD 5450 GPU
Windows 7 Pro x64
I tried updating the driver of my GPU but the latest driver was giving me a boot loop, so I rolled back to the old one.
Since then, I am unable to open Windows Photo Viewer. I click on a photo and nothing shows up, the photo viewer doesn't even open.
Using AOMEI BackUpper, I am trying to save a System Image on the O/S of one machine to a folder that is on another machine.
All permissions and network access are in order.
When I navigate the path to the desired folder and click "Open", I get a notice "The specified path does not exist or is not writable; please select a writable path"
I know for fact that the path does exist.
The default settings on the firewall are to block all incoming connection and allow all outgoing. My laptop and my android tablet are connected to my wireless home network, and i have some apps on my tablet which i need to connect to my laptop. How to create firewall rule which will allow all connections from the tablet ip address?
I purchased this used Dell Optiplex 790 from a local computer tech who was buying them and refurbishing/upgrading them per customer wishes. He's sold his business and is gone. I just recently discovered it came with a password protected user account:
ASP.NET Machine Account
I have a Windows 7 laptop that is shared on my local network (Workgroup) that is easily accessed through any computer in the house (most of them being Windows 10 or through Android) through the regular network file sharing and Remote Desktop. For Remote Desktop, I made sure to click the setting: "Allows connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more...