Articles on this Page
- 12/19/18--21:00: _Error in SBS2011 Se...
- 12/19/18--23:39: _Can't boot Win 7 fr...
- 12/20/18--00:51: _Boot-Repair softwar...
- 12/20/18--01:22: _Solved Laplink Gold...
- 12/20/18--02:41: _IE11 seizes up over...
- 12/20/18--03:09: _Solved BSOD while p...
- 12/20/18--04:37: _Chrome and Gmail Ve...
- 12/20/18--04:50: _New SSD install, no...
- 12/20/18--07:25: _Hacking W7 OS to tw...
- 12/20/18--10:47: _BSOD help - dumpfil...
- 12/20/18--12:24: _BSOD While playing ...
- 12/20/18--15:27: _How to determine Da...
- 12/20/18--16:56: _Error - Sync isn't ...
- 12/21/18--00:31: _asus VivoBook 15 X5...
- 12/21/18--04:01: _Help Recovering Doc...
- 12/21/18--08:36: _How to Recover Dele...
- 12/21/18--09:09: _HP 15-f018ca Notebo...
- 12/21/18--10:38: _BSOD while playing ...
- 12/21/18--11:59: _Backups needed befo...
- 12/21/18--12:09: _BSOD-Failed Startups
- 12/19/18--23:39: Can't boot Win 7 from USB ,please help me!
- 12/20/18--00:51: Boot-Repair software problem
- 12/20/18--01:22: Solved Laplink Gold for Windows - conflict with VIPRE
- 12/20/18--02:41: IE11 seizes up overnight, fixed by reboot
- 12/20/18--03:09: Solved BSOD while playing Witcher 3, BCCode 1e, new ram and SSD
- 12/20/18--04:37: Chrome and Gmail Very Slow
- 12/20/18--04:50: New SSD install, now Floppy Diskette Seek Failure
- 12/20/18--07:25: Hacking W7 OS to tweak F11 behavior
- 12/20/18--10:47: BSOD help - dumpfile.zip attached - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- 12/20/18--12:24: BSOD While playing Warframe Via Steam
- 12/20/18--15:27: How to determine Date of Mfg of HGST HDDs ???
- 12/20/18--16:56: Error - Sync isn't working
- 12/21/18--00:31: asus VivoBook 15 X540UA-GO775 windows 7 drivers.....need help
- 12/21/18--04:01: Help Recovering Docs Created...Where Are they?
- 12/21/18--08:36: How to Recover Deleted Folders
- 12/21/18--09:09: HP 15-f018ca Notebook PC - Hard disk (3F0) error - would like to fix
- 12/21/18--10:38: BSOD while playing games (mostly on WOW)
- 12/21/18--11:59: Backups needed before HD replacement
- 12/21/18--12:09: BSOD-Failed Startups
Hi there fellow forumers,
First of all let me say that i have read a topic on this subject, posted on this forum(https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/108805-system-update-readiness-tool-checksur-log-file-analyzis.html) and went through the suggested methods of fixing this type of problem before posting here.
The description of the problem would be that in SBS2011, which is a variant of...
I created a bootable Win 7 USB drive with Rufus,and the USB works fine if it is opened in This PC (Win 10) ,but when I try to boot from it gives me the following error:
"Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk"
Please help me to fix this error and install Win 7!
P.S Before this,I had Win 10 installed on my Samsung 840 Evo SSD,but I wiped the drive with Samsung Magician.
I know that this is a windows 7 forum but this question is related to Windows and Ubuntu as well.
I was going to fix the BCD problem of Windows 7 through Boot-Repair software in Ubuntu.But the boot-repair is stuck in to the window and saying-
"Purge and reinstall kernels on the sda6(dwn) .This might take several minutes".
If this only purge the Linux Kernel and don't reinstall it then I...
FYI: My experience under Windows 7 (x64), over several years, is that Laplink Gold for Windows (currently 126.96.36.199) runs well alongside VIPRE Advanced Security (and Malawarebytes). But Ive recently encountered an APPCRASH [+], and an inability to launch Laplink Gold in the connected system, a laptop.
After consulting with Laplink themselves, and trying different versions, the problem was...
I have a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Dell Vostro 270s which is kept on continuously and has worked faultlessly as a home/office computer for 6 years. I have NOT added any new software apart from MS updates. Recently, however it has developed a horrible IE11 browser fault. My router is a BT Home Hub 5 with 80Mbs service.
First thing in the morning the browser is essentially seized up. A Google...
I've upgraded my old PC with another stick of ram and an SSD. I've installed windows from scratch on the SSD, noticed huge improvement in my PC's speed so I thought about playing Witcher 3 - maybe it'll work. And it does, beautifully but it crashes with the same error every time - I get BCCode 1e, and the four other lines are just filled with a bunch of "0".
I've checked my ram with...
I tried tagging my question onto the end of another thread about Chrome, but didn't get any response.
Chrome is very slow after both boot up and awakening from sleep mode. Gmail isn't any better. I have a 64 bit system. My version of Chrome is 71. I also see the icons turning white as if reloading. I clear the cache after every session. Is it Chrome or my Internet speed? I do one test and it...
I have a Dell Precision 390 desktop pc (yes I know it's old!). I bought an SSD to boost performance, speed and capacity.
The install and data transfer was a breeze - done this before without issues on another pc. All looked good, new drive recognized, all data seemed to be present, so the next step was to change the boot priority in BIOS. Due to time constraints I didn't start this...
I know I know ! it's forbidden to modify the kernel but... it depends what for.
In relation with my old HP G62 laptop, what I want to know is EXACTLY what does the boot F11 key do in the boot process. Next, I would like to tweak something (if it has to be the kernel, so be it) that instruct the F11 procedure where to find the RECOVERY partition when it is no more in the third...
Tried to install windows tools to look at the dump file, but it will say .net framework 4 is not the right version. Then I go to install .net framework 4 and it says it's already there as the same or higher version.
Went in circles just want to read the error in dump file (attached), and finally discovered this forum.
Have not had a blue screen since disabling restart, so have...
This happened in the middle of a session of Warframe.
Here are the details of the BOSD crash:
Bug check String: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code: 0x0000001e
Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+93970
Crash Address: NT Kernel & System
Western Digital and most other brands have the date of manufacture clearly printed on the label.
I am looking at some HGST HDDs and the date of manufacture is not anywhere that I can see.
It is my understanding that WD took over Hitachi's HGST name in 2012; but, to confuse the issue, the government required Hitachi turn over their 3.5" HDD designs and manufacture to Toshiba, who, prior to...
In the upper corner of my Chrome browser there is an emoji with "Error" next to it. When I drill down I am told "Sync isn't working and Sign In details are out of date"
So I sign in again without a problem but I continue to get a "Sync not working" error.
I then went to Settings and under People I see a comment of "Confirm Sync Settings to start sync." but when I click it the screen...
I bought an asus VivoBook 15 X540UA-GO775 laptop and installed windows 7
While installing I noticed that the mouse pad does not work (and a mouse did not either) and after installation, I saw that most drivers do not work out of the box....specifically at this stage
usb and mousepad.
I tried to download drivers from asus. they have windows 10 drivers and "other".
I downloaded "other"...
As an average user, I had something happen yesterday that I have never ran into before and need some help recovering some files created.
I woke yesterday morning to find my laptop with a completely different desktop and all files/folders apparently erased from my laptop...all applications were there. I thought I had been hacked and immediately freaked and begin trying to restore from an...
I'm using a Dell 755 with Win 7 Ult 64-bit OS, The other nite I accidentally deleted some needed folders.
I tried the windows recovery process - no help. Not even sure that was meant for data files anyway.
I was concerned about running unknown recovery software on this PC so I used a spare unit & downloaded the free version of Active Uneraser by LSoft Technologies. Created a...
I am attempting to repair an HP 2013 (so I am assuming windows 7). I have never booted the system as it is a repair. I did the research to find out that it looks like windows 7, and the make is the HP 15-f018ca Notebook PC.
* The bios works and I can access it
* It does not boot to safe mode that I can see - tried a couple of time and nothing occurred.
When running the computer for the...
Hello, my friend has some issues with his PC. Whenever he plays a game (WoW in most cases) he usually get BSOD 2-3 times a day. Things he tried :
* Update GPU driver
* run malware bytes
* run sfc /scannow (Message received "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations")
* run Memtest with no errors
* run CC Cleaner for registry clean up
* update all drivers (he...
My Dell 9010 AIO started locking up about a week ago and when I ran the Dell diagnostics, I got an error "2000-0142" on the hard drive. Error code 2000:0142 means that the hard drive has gone bad and requires a replacement so while I'm waiting (and waiting) for the replacement HD from Dell, I have been backing up everything I can think of. Is there anything I have missed?
Hi again...and Merry Christmas!
My wife's computer: Win7x64 O/S. Last couple of days going down without warning. Had visited a particular homes/sales site selling homes in California and the 1st instance started immediately from that site, so says my wife.
Also none of her passwords seem to work.
1st I did the Windows StartUp Diagnostic and was told after about 20mins that it failed...