- RSS Channel Showcase 7356836
- RSS Channel Showcase 8186841
- RSS Channel Showcase 1186039
- RSS Channel Showcase 6074494
Articles on this Page
- 11/26/18--04:47: _Configuring Windows
- 11/26/18--08:49: _Need to Upgrade a F...
- 11/26/18--09:27: _Can't Files share o...
- 11/26/18--14:07: _Blue bars red bars ...
- 11/26/18--15:29: _Accessed PC with Ma...
- 11/26/18--17:22: _After reinstall OS ...
- 11/26/18--18:44: _Kingston SSD Manager
- 11/27/18--07:11: _trying to connect s...
- 11/27/18--08:59: _Windows back page a...
- 11/27/18--10:24: _November 27, 2018 -...
- 11/27/18--13:41: _Continual "Device D...
- 11/27/18--13:41: _Dual monitor inform...
- 11/27/18--20:35: _Random Crashes, BSO...
- 11/27/18--20:53: _Win 7 Repair Issue...
- 11/27/18--20:58: _Solved MULTIPLE pro...
- 11/27/18--22:54: _Moving files on dri...
- 11/28/18--03:01: _What is your curren...
- 11/28/18--08:20: _Windows Explorer fr...
- 11/28/18--11:53: _New Samsung 860 QVO...
- 11/28/18--13:29: _BSOD after playing ...
- 11/26/18--04:47: Configuring Windows
- 11/26/18--08:49: Need to Upgrade a Friend's OS Drive...How??
- 11/26/18--09:27: Can't Files share one way
- 11/26/18--14:07: Blue bars red bars of hard drive disk space allocation?
- 11/26/18--15:29: Accessed PC with Macrium_reflect_v7_2 running. Macrium stoppe, did n
- 11/26/18--17:22: After reinstall OS - "NSIS: error launching installer"
- 11/26/18--18:44: Kingston SSD Manager
- 11/27/18--07:11: trying to connect surface ergonomic keyboard to windows 2 enterprise
- 11/27/18--08:59: Windows back page arrows greyed out
- 11/27/18--10:24: November 27, 2018 - KB4467108 (Preview of Monthly Rollup) Windows 7
- 11/27/18--13:41: Continual "Device Disconnect Sound" Every 3 to 4 Seconds.
- 11/27/18--13:41: Dual monitor information is the same on both
- 11/27/18--20:35: Random Crashes, BSOD, Unknown Cause
- 11/27/18--20:53: Win 7 Repair Issues USB
- 11/27/18--20:58: Solved MULTIPLE problems with Screen Resolution
- 11/27/18--22:54: Moving files on drive X to drive X takes too long
- 11/28/18--03:01: What is your current disk space now?
- 11/28/18--08:20: Windows Explorer freezes on right-click
- 11/28/18--11:53: New Samsung 860 QVO SSD line-up with up to 4TB storage
- 11/28/18--13:29: BSOD after playing a while
My laptop has been "Configuring Windows updates 35% complete" for nearly 2 hours! Have never had this for more 20 minutes! What should I do? Very frustrating! Thank you.
I need some help cloning / putting in a new OS drive for a friend please. The last time I can remember cloning a drive was with Norton Ghost running off of a floppy!!
In other words, consider me a total newbie
He has a HP ENVY 750-247c Desktop PC with Win 10 on it (I assume Home) and his C-drive is full. Hes ordered a Samsung 500 GB Evo 860 for a replacement for his stock...
Had to build a new PC for the wife and for some reason when I try to view her shared files or the Printer in her office I get this.
But her pc can see and d/l my files ../ She connects to the internet with no problem thru the Router as do all the other WiFi junk. and I mean allot of junk...lol
we are running win 7 pro, My PC can't find her Printer either.
What is the hard drive percentage that shows that it is in blue color, when it is red? 20% free of space allocation?
I had to access my laptop while Imaging to 500 MB USB. Dr. Macrium_reflect_v7_2 stopped & did not complete the process.
Went to the to USB Dr. & deleted contents of Macrium Reflect's partial imaging folder.
See attached image to see how It left Macrium Reflect.
*What is the best way to start over? Went thru the 500 pg manual to no avail.*
After reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) I can't install any programs form Local Disk (D:).
When I try to do this I see this message every time for every program:
"*NSIS: error launching installer*"
I thought a lot of and decide to rename the files, but nothing changed then I moved the files to random location on drive C and then every program can be started even with original...
I have a Kingston A400 SSD installed and was wondering if there are any advantages to installing the manager program. Googled it and all responses were from the Kingston site lol.
I got a new Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard and it's bluetooth but I can't seem to connect it to my computer running Windows 7 Enterprise. I have searched and can not find anywhere that will recognize the keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have Windows 7 SP1. A strange thing has happened recently whereby when I open a window, say 'Downloads', a new window will open for that and if I open any file on the Download section then a separate window will open. Basically the back arrow is greyed out for anything I click on so I would have to close each window individually. The more windows I open the more I have to close individually....
*November 27, 2018 - KB4467108 (Preview of Monthly Rollup)*
Applies to: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1
*Improvements and fixes*
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of *KB4467107* (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467107) (released November 13, 2018) and also includes these new quality...
This just started yesterday, I don't have any idea what's causing it as there is no message or anything.
I can turn the sound off with Applications-System Sounds, but unfortunately there is a vision stutter
combined. (This makes it impossible to use FSX Flight Simulator for example.)
I will really appreciate any help.
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
I used to have 2 monitors working properly.
I had to replace my hard drive on my computer and re-installed Windows 7 Pro.
After completing the install, I have 2 monitors, they both show the same information on each.
Under the device manager, it shows only 1 monitor.
Am I missing a driver to correct this problem?
Since August my computer has been having these random crashes. What happens is the display freezes for a couple seconds, then the displays shut off for around to 10 seconds (if I'm playing sound through my speakers, the sound gets glitched, like it gets stuck on whatever sound was playing when it froze). Then my computer reboots itself. Once windows starts up I get a message saying "Windows...
Power Outage today took out my Main Workstation which is where all our data files are stored for lappie and other PC. No biggie to access the data as i can just yank the drives and use from another computer, but want to get box back up and running ASAP.
After booting, could get into windows but no networking no sound and other problems. Lotta things non functional , even Disk Manager,...
*Sorry for the long long story, but I'm just saying that I tested out almost every method I could find and yet still am stuck. Please bear with me..*
So today, I got out an old PC (not that old, but 4+ years old) and set it up for personal use. The PC itself isn't that bad, I just replaced it with a new one and set that one aside for a year or so.
The PC is not connected to the internet...
W7 Ult 64 bit.
6TB USB 3 external HDD. (used 4TB, spare 2TB - round figures)
When I *move* files on this drive, it frequently takes as long as *copying* them would.
Doesn't file moving in one HDD just involve changing the file address?
In which case it should be virtually instantaneous.
What is your current disk space now? Do you download lots of films in your computer? How many percentage of your hard disk space is free now? 10%? 30%?
My PC is generally running fine, but I have an intermittent problem.
Sometimes, if I right-click a file or folder in Windows Explorer, I get the busy indicator, and it just sits there. I don't get the white fade-out like when a window stops responding, but Explorer doesn't respond to any actions. My only option is to open task Manager and manually kill the explorer.exe process and restart it....
Samsung Electronics, today unveiled its new consumer solid state drive (SSD) lineup — the Samsung 860 QVO SSD — featuring up to four terabytes (TB) of storage capacity with exceptional speed and reliability. Built on the company’s high-density 4-bit multi-level cell (MLC)...
I've started to get bluescreens this week. Mostly happens after playing BF1 for an hour. Can't recall what I've changed/done back then.