- RSS Channel Showcase 8058752
- RSS Channel Showcase 5071479
- RSS Channel Showcase 5258744
- RSS Channel Showcase 7297842
Articles on this Page
- 11/07/18--20:19: _4 Monitors worked f...
- 11/08/18--04:36: _Telemetry hidden in...
- 11/08/18--06:20: _Cannot create new A...
- 11/08/18--10:25: _Solved sfc and DISM...
- 11/08/18--10:33: _Solved Help!!!! Bro...
- 11/08/18--19:22: _Windows Update erro...
- 11/09/18--06:19: _Windows Update cann...
- 11/09/18--07:40: _USB Port on Laptop ...
- 11/09/18--09:07: _All desktop icons b...
- 11/09/18--09:27: _Windows Live not op...
- 11/09/18--09:32: _How to reset Toshib...
- 11/09/18--10:05: _Trickbot banking ma...
- 11/09/18--11:39: _BsoD windows 7 pro ...
- 11/09/18--15:22: _Re-delete restored ...
- 11/09/18--19:17: _Format Hard Drive
- 11/10/18--07:53: _Desktop and Taskbar...
- 11/10/18--07:59: _Flash Drive Eject i...
- 11/10/18--08:37: _Is my desktop PC be...
- 11/10/18--09:00: _BSOD playing World ...
- 11/10/18--09:37: _SFC Corruption, SFC...
- 11/07/18--20:19: 4 Monitors worked fine - Now I only have 1 screen. Please Help
- 11/08/18--04:36: Telemetry hidden in Task Scheduler
- 11/08/18--06:20: Cannot create new Admin profile
- 11/08/18--10:33: Solved Help!!!! Browser downloads
- 11/08/18--19:22: Windows Update error code 80200024 How do I fix this?
- 11/09/18--06:19: Windows Update cannot now search for updates - service not working
- 11/09/18--07:40: USB Port on Laptop is Unresponsive
- 11/09/18--09:07: All desktop icons blinking
- 11/09/18--09:27: Windows Live not opening .eml files
- 11/09/18--09:32: How to reset Toshiba "Satelite" Laptop so it will accept AHCI OS
- 11/09/18--10:05: Trickbot banking malware added password and browser history stealing
- 11/09/18--11:39: BsoD windows 7 pro 64 bit, Please help
- 11/09/18--15:22: Re-delete restored files ?
- 11/09/18--19:17: Format Hard Drive
- 11/10/18--07:53: Desktop and Taskbar customization corrupted.
- 11/10/18--07:59: Flash Drive Eject is not available.
- 11/10/18--08:37: Is my desktop PC beyond its sell by date?
- 11/10/18--09:00: BSOD playing World of Warcarft, error 0x00000116
- 11/10/18--09:37: SFC Corruption, SFCFix Help
I have 4 monitors. They operate fine. - NO problems with the connections.
Today, I had the Best Buy Geek Squad access my computer remotely to clean it up since it was running so slow. They spent an hour doing their thing, and when complete, I explained I didn't have my 4 monitors. They insisted I did on their end. ---- But I don't.
I have 2 monitors on top, 2 monitors on bottom. The...
Looking through the task scheduler>>Active Tasks, I have found at least four _Telemetry_ spyware that should not have been there as I never knowingly downloaded it or gave permission. I even do not have automatic windows update, so it was either part of the OS in stealth mode, or forced in.
Remember back in 2015 when Microsoft had a scandal with their phony updates which was really spyware?...
When logged in as as Admin I created a new Admin profile.
However, when created, it will not allow Admin privileges such as access in user data.
When the new profile icon is shown it says Admin.
But, when checked with User accounts Admin is not checked of Standard User is.
If I choose Admin then OK the the dialog closes.
But when checked again it has reverted to Standard User.
in recent efforts of updating my secondary graphics card's software and drivers (NVidia GeForce GT 740M) on my laptop (Lenovo E540), I repeatedly ran into errors caused by a corrupted SPInf.dll in system32. The same error popped up when trying to execute the DirectX Web Setup. Efforts with sfc (executed several times, with restarts in between) and DISM/SUR (fixed one incorrectly...
Help!!!! Browser downloads
I keep running into this error running windows update.
I ran the SURT and the SFC. No errors were reported.
I attached the CAB file after an error code 80200024 running windows update.
It wouldn't allow the zip attachment being too big. I am uploading to Google drive and will post a link.
I have a rather serious problem with Windows updates, which haven't run for about 11 months.
If I go to Windows update and click on "Searching updates", I have following error message : "Windows Update cannot now search for updates because the service isn't working. Maybe you'll have to restart your computer".
I restarted my computer at least half a dozen times since I first...
I have Fujitsu laptop and I have 3 USB ports (2 on the left side & 1 on the right side). I broke one of them (Left Side) and the other two ports, one of them is work properly (Left Side), the other one (Right Side) doesn't pick up any devices I plug into it.
It won't open the devices and they work properly in the other USB port. I made a video about that to make sure everything is...
This suddenly started (in the last 24 hours). I have 2 Windows 7 laptops (same make/model); the *newer* one has started to exhibit this problem.
The older one, which I essentially "froze in place" a few years ago (and which I'm using to post this) does not have this problem.
What's a useful diagnostic path?
Seems plausible that some recent Windows Update introduced the issue...??
I have a recent problem with Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 Pro/64 bit desktop. The functionality problem is that I cannot open .eml files, and the .eml file icon shown is not an open envelope as it should be.
Also Live Mail is not shown in the list of Default Programs. Other functionality, including mailto: from my web browser is OK.
I think this problem occurred earlier this year...
What I really need is another BIOS for my Toshiba Satelite C70D-B-33K that will allow me to install an OS that is AHCI compatible.
The System BIOS Version that is presently on my Toshiba is 5.10.
Toshiba also says that I should select the CSM Boot mode.
"[CSM Boot] Support to boot non UEFI-capable OS that expects a legacy BIOS interface"
But using that selection, the keyboard is locked...
The Trickbot banking malware has added yet another tool to its arsenal, allowing crooks to steal passwords as well as steal browser data including web history and usernames.
The malware first appeared in 2016, initially focused on stealing banking credentials - but Trickbot is highly customisable and has undergone a series of updates since then. The latest trick - picked up by...
When ever i play any game, or even browsing the internet using chrome, i always get a blue screen, Please help.
I've attached the collected files.
Hi guys !
So , I've mistakenly restored over 200 files from the recycle bin .
Problem is , I can't remember which files exactly , they've been in the recycle bin since ages , so , just knowing the original location doesn't help at all.
I have a Compaq CQ57 laptop. I had to buy a new hard drive for it. Plus I had to buy the Windows 7 installation discs for it. The problem is that I have to format the new hard drive. Can anybody tell me how to format a new hard drive?
I run a 3840x1600 display, so I have to customize fonts and icons so I can read the desktop. I booted up today and everything has defaulted to tiny and unreadable except from really close to the screen. When I go into Display it still registers as 150%. I can resize the desktop icons, but I can't do anything with the Taskbar. If I reboot everything reverts to tiny again. I reset to 100% and...
Hello who can help me get back the eject portion on this ? the eject flash drive is gone. Please Help, Thanks!
Recently been having problems with Windows 10 and reverted back to Windows 7. However, now starting to suspect that my desktop PC is actually struggling due to its age.
It is 8 years old and I have upgraded the ram to 8 Gb and installed a new SSD drive of 2 Tb. In addition I have three other internal drives.
Most of my usage is photo editing using a variety of software but they all seem...
while playing world of warcraft i get a blue screen from time to time, i just got a new video card, re installed windows and drivers, not sure what else i can check can anyone help?
I'm having some issues with corruption on one of my machines. I've run sfc scan 3 times & then sfc fix. But some files are not getting repaired automatically. Hoping someone can help. This is the log from SFCFix:
SFCFix version 220.127.116.11 by niemiro.
Start time: 2018-11-08 18:42:59.681
Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 - amd64
Not using a script file.