- RSS Channel Showcase 4514717
- RSS Channel Showcase 8047457
- RSS Channel Showcase 6559816
- RSS Channel Showcase 9913144
Articles on this Page
- 10/24/18--10:02: _Chess and the future!
- 10/24/18--11:46: _What does "memory d...
- 10/24/18--17:44: _Micro SD Card Forma...
- 10/24/18--17:57: _What dastardly thin...
- 10/24/18--18:36: _Best Spam Filters f...
- 10/25/18--04:52: _Wireless Connection...
- 10/25/18--06:37: _Should a clean inst...
- 10/25/18--07:23: _Aero themes Menu no...
- 10/25/18--09:23: _AMD ends graphics d...
- 10/25/18--09:56: _Chrome startup refr...
- 10/25/18--12:48: _Microsoft Q1 FY19 H...
- 10/25/18--12:56: _bingbot Series: Opt...
- 10/25/18--15:29: _Existing documents ...
- 10/25/18--16:01: _.DDS image files to...
- 10/25/18--17:06: _"Open File - Securi...
- 10/26/18--01:24: _How to make a noteb...
- 10/26/18--01:25: _RAM slots
- 10/26/18--13:19: _Microsoft completes...
- 10/26/18--14:22: _BSOD double fault, ...
- 10/26/18--18:51: _Solved delete or un...
- 10/24/18--10:02: Chess and the future!
- 10/24/18--17:44: Micro SD Card Formatting Question
- 10/24/18--17:57: What dastardly thing is downloading here?
- 10/24/18--18:36: Best Spam Filters for Microsoft Outlook 2016?
- 10/25/18--04:52: Wireless Connection Keeps Dropping
- 10/25/18--06:37: Should a clean install be in separate partition?
- 10/25/18--07:23: Aero themes Menu not transparent
- 10/25/18--09:23: AMD ends graphics driver support for 32-bit versions of Windows
- 10/25/18--09:56: Chrome startup refreshing Desktop-Icons
- 10/25/18--12:48: Microsoft Q1 FY19 Highlights, Product Releases, and Enhancements
- 10/25/18--12:56: bingbot Series: Optimizing Crawl Frequency
- 10/25/18--15:29: Existing documents are read only with UAC set to normal/standard
- 10/25/18--16:01: .DDS image files to display in windows preview plane
- 10/26/18--01:25: RAM slots
- 10/26/18--13:19: Microsoft completes GitHub acquisition
- 10/26/18--14:22: BSOD double fault, win32k.sys using excessive kernel stack space
- 10/26/18--18:51: Solved delete or uninstall windows 7pro from old SSD drive?
Someone on here kindly gave me the means to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10 quite a while ago. It now no longer works - Windows 10 has had a number of big updates since then.
I am really just whingeing about the demise of the best Chess program (on Windows 7). Yes i still have alaptop with Windows 7 but my main computer is on Windows 10 and Windows 7 won't be supported after 2019. ...
So my Dell studio only has an Express 45 chip for graphics and already causing some stuttering graphics on occasion
Well 3 times today, twice during streaming ISO movie to TV and once during simple DVD playback, screen goes black, blue screen pops up quick and says something about "memory dump"
How can I fix this?
Hello. I have a strange issue and I'm hoping somebody here can shed some light on it.
The old micro sd card that was in my phone suddenly disappeared from the phone's available storage along with the files that were on it. I removed it and used the sd card reader to try to format it on my Windows 7 laptop, but it would not format. I also couldn't see any files on it. I sent it in for...
Bit of a click bait title. Sorry. We got 2 PCs at home. Mine & hers. Her little USB wifi adapter is blinking madly. And is gobbling up the bandwidth. Making my Youtube video viewing 'pause/play' to watch.
We have not set anything to download. And her browser download is not active. And no Win7 update is happening. Is there some way of investigating & locating this mysterious...
So a few of my email addresses and getting TONS OF SPAM and it's getting very old and outlook 2016 is worthless when it comes to filtering out email SPAM. Same with Norton.
I get these types of pop-ups very frequently from Malwarebytes warning about these domains trying to do drive by malware installs or something by merely having view images allowed in my email view. It might just be...
I have recently installed a complete fresh copy of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I downloaded my drivers from HP.
I connect to the internet via a hot spot on my mobile phone. And ever since installing Win 7 my connection keeps dropping out. Prior to installing the OS I was using Windows 10, same connection and it was not dropping out at all.
I am really not sure what to try or do to solve this...
Trying to fix some issues trying a Win 7 Ultimate clean I stal
I dented partition now I'm looking at 100 MG and a 499 GB partition I deleted
Should I install in the 499 or create a separate partition?
I have always had problems when installing aero themes to my Windows 7 not getting the menu drop down box to turn transparent like the rest of the window. I never knew how to properly install the themes like the .dll files I left out. Finally I tried to install these files and couldn't because the computer crashed and had to restore the files. So I thought of dropping a post to see if...
AMD is dropping support for 32-bit versions of Windows in upcoming updates to its graphics drivers. The GPU maker clarified its decision to Japanese website 4Gamer, which reports that the latest driver to include 32-bit support is version 18.9.3, released late last month. The company said:
AMD Radeon Software support for x32-bit Windows operating systems has been...
I work with Windows-7 en Use Firefox and Chrome as my Browsers
The last times when i startup Chrome, than Chrome starts with refreshing my Desktop-Icons before the Chrome Start-screen appears
Is this normal or do i have to change anything in the Chrome-browser settings?
This does not appear when i use Firefox
Every quarter Microsoft delivers hundreds of products, either as new releases, services or enhancements, to current products and services. These releases are a result of significant research and development investments, made over multiple years, designed to help customers be more productive and secure and to deliver differentiated value across the cloud and the edge.
Following are the major...
Last week, we posted the first blog of our *bingbot Series: Maximizing Crawl Efficiency* (https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/119959-bingbot-series-maximizing-crawl-efficiency.html) highlighting the main goal for bingbot and its core metrics: Crawling Efficiency.
In part 2 of our bingbot series Principal Software Engineering Managing of the crawl team Cheng Lu shares one...
Hello everybody! My first post here! I thought it would be good to start wit a lot of background information. Just skip tot the bold parts if you get tired easily. The title of this story is:
*Existing documents are ‘read only’ with UAC set to normal/standard*
The problem I have is with a spare machine that gets only booted every month or so to have it updated (Windows, software, AV...
Is there a way in Windows 7 to get .DDS image files to display in windows preview plane like they do in Windows 10?
The pinned icon on my toolbar has always worked fine. Earlier today, I was having a problem where the folder on the left column wouldn't expand. In the end, rebooting fixed that so I'm not working on that, but in the process of TRYING to fix that, I tried unpinning my icon and recreating it by deleting the icon already there, clicking START, left-clicking "Windows Explorer" and choosing "Pin to...
I have activated the built-in Bluettooth device on a Win7 notebook.
However I cannot pair from some SmartPhones to it.
This was only possible from one Smartphone.
When I scan the Bluetooth devices from other Android smarphones the Notebook Bluetooth is not visible.
I guess I have to make it visible (again) in addition.
But how do I tell Win7 to make it visible?
I don't know if this is right. Slot 2 and 4? Shouldn't it be slot 1 and 3?
Microsoft has completed its *acquisition of GitHub* (https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2018/06/04/microsoft-github-empowering-developers/). Nat Friedman, former CEO of Xamarin (acquired by Microsoft in 2016), is taking over as GitHubs CEO, reporting to Scott Guthrie, Microsoft Cloud + AI Group Executive Vice President.
GitHub will retain its developer-first ethos, operate...
Hi all, I unfortunately can't run any 3rd party software or upload raw data from the PCs in question, but we're seeing a large number of BSODs at work and all have a similar signature to this - a double fault when the kernel thread looks like it overruns the 24kb available, and almost all that is being used by win32k.sys apparently recursing. Why on earth win32k seems to be going through the same...
I want to use an SSD Samsung Pro 850 that has windows7 installed on it as a USB drive. I took it out of an old computer. I've put the drive in a USB case and my new desktop recognizes it. However, I think some of the programs installed on it begin to run while it is attached as a USB drive.
When I attempt to eject, I'm told a program is running and I should close the program first. I...