- RSS Channel Showcase 1836182
- RSS Channel Showcase 7447696
- RSS Channel Showcase 8961222
- RSS Channel Showcase 1949449
Articles on this Page
- 10/18/18--14:34: _Dell Laptop Date Re...
- 10/18/18--16:47: _Save favourites int...
- 10/18/18--21:49: _Screensaver not sta...
- 10/19/18--00:56: _"Windows Installer ...
- 10/19/18--01:44: _Twitter adds new no...
- 10/19/18--07:16: _cannot boot windows 7
- 10/19/18--08:27: _Vista Home Basic OE...
- 10/19/18--08:38: _EU Commission appro...
- 10/19/18--10:41: _High contrast/dark ...
- 10/19/18--12:36: _Two Windows 7 deskt...
- 10/19/18--13:06: _How can I install d...
- 10/19/18--19:21: _Windows keep making...
- 10/20/18--01:18: _Cannot UNLOCK/Chang...
- 10/20/18--09:43: _can not delete old ...
- 10/20/18--10:10: _Windows 7 Windows u...
- 10/20/18--10:55: _How to change compa...
- 10/20/18--11:03: _Motherboard replace...
- 10/20/18--12:44: _Windows 7 Keeps Shu...
- 10/20/18--15:13: _General BSOD help; ...
- 10/21/18--00:18: _Thermometers displa...
- 10/18/18--14:34: Dell Laptop Date Retention Problem
- 10/18/18--16:47: Save favourites internet explorer 11 windows 7 to USB device
- 10/18/18--21:49: Screensaver not starting automatically.
- 10/19/18--00:56: "Windows Installer Service Access" Error 0xc06d007e
- 10/19/18--01:44: Twitter adds new notices on reported Tweets for more clarity
- 10/19/18--07:16: cannot boot windows 7
- 10/19/18--08:27: Vista Home Basic OEMAct iso
- 10/19/18--08:38: EU Commission approves Microsoft's acquisition of Github
- 10/19/18--10:41: High contrast/dark theme for windows 7 that works in 2018
- 10/19/18--12:36: Two Windows 7 desktops quit shutting down following updates
- 10/19/18--13:06: How can I install different varsions of Firefox
- 10/19/18--19:21: Windows keep making "driver installing" sound
- 10/20/18--01:18: Cannot UNLOCK/Change Details of an EXE File
- 10/20/18--09:43: can not delete old image backup entries
- 10/20/18--10:10: Windows 7 Windows update broken cant run
- 10/20/18--10:55: How to change compatibility mode using command prompt
- 10/20/18--11:03: Motherboard replacement
- 10/20/18--12:44: Windows 7 Keeps Shutting Down, Several Times in the last two months
- 10/20/18--15:13: General BSOD help; .zip attached; Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
- 10/21/18--00:18: Thermometers display images not available
After starting up my Dell Laptop for the first time in several years, it began to exhibit a problem with the date and time. It requires me to set up the time and date in the BIOS, otherwise it initializes to a date in 2006 that is a year or so before I purchased the computer.
Please reply to thread or email RobertOsness@copper.net
Please help me as to how to save favourites from Internet explorer11 in windows 7 to a USB device before I cold reset my computer to factory default.
Sometimes, and I'm not sure why, but my screensaver doesn't start automatically. This has happened with both the photos screensaver built into windows and one that I've installed. The only resolution is to log out of my profile. Today this happened just after booting up my computer. Any ideas? I have screensaver set to start after 5 minutes.
As a tech neophyte idiot who is quite literally becoming a lunatic over error messages that prevent every attempt to install apps in .msi formats. I've done all I know, from CMD com admin rearm (hit my limit of 5 long ago), "/ unregister" and System Restore back to before this issue developed - all for naught :cry:
*NOTE:* (Upgraded Win Vista OEM to 7 PRO (SP1) a few years ago from ISO...
When we determine that a Tweet violates the *Twitter Rules (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules)*, we require the violator to delete it before they can Tweet again. One piece of feedback we've heard regularly is that it's not always clear to people when we took enforcement action or if someone deleted a Tweet on their own. Starting today, we're adding new...
i think i've been hit by a virus [not this computer] . i can't boot. i get a black screen with a flashing curser. i've tried many things with no result.
when i gave up and start to reinstall windows i get a screen that asks me where i'd like to install windows. it shows me a small disk 0. then i get an option to install at a partition 2 PRIMARY that shows me ...
Hello. Where I can find Windows Vista Home Basic Russian OEMAct for Asus F5R? Thanks in advance.
The European Commission approved on Friday the acquisition of software development tool maker GitHub by software giant Microsoft without conditions saying the purchase would not damage competition in the sector.
“The Commission found that the combination of Microsoft and GitHub’s activities on these markets would raise no competition concerns because the merged entity would...
Due to my medical issues. I am not able to work on the computer with the usual default themes. I have found the high contrast theme that comes along with Windows 7 to be very useful, but there are several software that will not work very well with that theme because some of the controls are not visible.
A dark theme will probably also worked for me but I have been unable to find any...
I have two Dell Windows 7 desktops which have been working normally until this week.
Although I cannot prove it after several updates earlier this week both of them started hanging during shutdown.
I was running Classic Shell so I removed it and thought that fixed it but no.
I have searched the web for a solution and believe it or not one was fixed by running sfc /runnow and seems to be ok...
I would like to install 2 different versions of Firefox on my Windows 7, one of them an older version. I have absolutely no idea how I can do this. Please help.
My Windows keep making noise. I disconnect all peripheral devices like mouse keyboard but the problem still remains. Does anyone have any idea what goes wrong? please see attached. really appreciate the help.
i am trying to change the details under right-click properties>details tab of a portable .exe file of a freeware program, but have failed to do so so far. i have already gained full ownership, but nothing can be done. i have also tried using these utilities :-
EMCO's UnlockIt (says file has been unlocked, and appears to be so, but it is not).
Malwarebyte's FileAssassin (does...
i can not delete the old backups voices when i start a system resume...
recently i went to see if there is any updates for Win7 pro and low and behold Windows update not working:
i ran WindowsUpdate.diagcab and it fixed some errors but couldnt apply recent updates in red...
i have restarted all service still does not want to go out and look for updates.
Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt?
Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking it and doing it through the user interface.
In new in windows and I don't know how to do this.
I'm not sure exactly where to post / ask this question..
I have an old HP m8200n desktop.. It has been giving me problems turning on and I suspect the motherboard is the problem.
That said, If I replace the motherboard with the exact same model (nettle2 MCP61PM-HM, ver 1.0B), and use the same processor, (meaning I will take the CPU from the old MB and install it into the new MB) will...
Windows 7 has been shutting down lately for no apparent reason, several times in the last two months, everytime has happened while I'm away prom the computer, so I don't see anything happening, when I'm back PC is just off. I don't recall installing any new programs, perhaps an update to an existing one? Attached is all info and dump files. Thank you! All help is greatly appreciated.
BSOD diagnostic newbie here.
Looking for some help/direction in diagnosing recurring BSODs.
I've read the posting instructions, and attached the relevant .zip file. If necessary, will make additions/corrections.
Any help appreciated.
*BSOD frequency*: semi-weekly
*OS*: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit
The "thermometer" visual image simply not being display. The functions are present. Like for sound or brightness.
This is a recently clean reinstall of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 IE-11 in an Lenovo T61p 15" LCD display.
Otherwise working correctly.
Is there a Registry function turned Off somewhere?