- RSS Channel Showcase 3817161
- RSS Channel Showcase 5494543
- RSS Channel Showcase 9285172
- RSS Channel Showcase 1842461
Articles on this Page
- 09/29/18--14:01: _Which version of Fi...
- 09/29/18--17:01: _a windows 7 login p...
- 09/29/18--17:04: _Solved Something is...
- 09/29/18--19:18: _What version of SQL...
- 09/30/18--00:30: _New Windows 7 Insta...
- 09/30/18--03:48: _Computer Desktop, O...
- 09/30/18--05:07: _I am plagued with M...
- 09/30/18--05:20: _Stuck at Starting W...
- 09/30/18--06:26: _Solved Internet con...
- 09/30/18--07:02: _MS Word leaves this...
- 09/30/18--08:00: _screen brightness d...
- 09/30/18--08:15: _I have a black desk...
- 09/30/18--12:53: _Black screen occurs...
- 09/30/18--14:11: _VGA Port Settings: ...
- 09/30/18--14:52: _Slow boot up
- 09/30/18--15:07: _UAC Hosed - how to ...
- 09/30/18--18:09: _Microsoft Re-Open-S...
- 09/30/18--20:00: _Update KB4457144 an...
- 09/30/18--21:37: _How to install MS S...
- 10/01/18--00:28: _'Just Cause 2 has s...
- 09/29/18--14:01: Which version of FireFox should I use
- 09/29/18--17:01: a windows 7 login problem
- 09/29/18--17:04: Solved Something is interrupting with my sound during Startup
- 09/30/18--00:30: New Windows 7 Install stuck on Boot screen
- 09/30/18--03:48: Computer Desktop, Only showing background except the icons
- 09/30/18--05:07: I am plagued with Missing Digital Signatures, how can I stop this?
- 09/30/18--07:02: MS Word leaves this this: `$B Stuff.doc in folder
- 09/30/18--08:00: screen brightness doesn't work,help?
- 09/30/18--08:15: I have a black desktop wallpaper
- 09/30/18--12:53: Black screen occurs with furmark/games.
- 09/30/18--14:11: VGA Port Settings: External FHD Support Accidentally Disabled.
- 09/30/18--14:52: Slow boot up
- 09/30/18--15:07: UAC Hosed - how to fix?
- 09/30/18--18:09: Microsoft Re-Open-Sourcing MS-DOS 1.25 and 2.0 on GitHub
- 09/30/18--20:00: Update KB4457144 and others keeps failing
- 09/30/18--21:37: How to install MS SQL Server Management Studio on Win7?
Hi, I am still using FF v 47.0.10, I know it's a few years old. I need to update because of notices from certain site that say I need to. I am very happy with what I have, but want to use a version that is tried and proven, as you can guess I am not concerned about having the latest, just one that will give me the smoothest update.
This problem was on a Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win7 Home 32bit. When I 1st started up the laptop this morning the 1st screen that came up was the"Windows boot manager" see the 1st jpg picture attachment. I told Win to go on and boot in normal mode. I got to the Win screen that asks for the Win logon password. The box were the password is typed in was filled with the dot cover ups and I...
on a pavilion dv7, some startup process just began interrupting my windows startup sound now. i am on a very clean build with almost no software application. it's like the starting desktop jingle plays, but only halfway, then stops. all other sounds, eg. adjusting my volume, restarting etc. works. it;s just the windows startup sound. sometimes it gets cut short, sometimes it just doesn't play at...
We have this software at work that is using the Microsoft SQL Server to store its database. It's an old product that the developer doesn't seem to support anymore. But I need to change some settings that are not available via the UI. So I wanted to open the raw .sql file to see what's going on.
I see in CP that it uses SQL Server 2005 as such:
I ran fresh install on new ssd, since couple of days its just keep displaying screen to select OS and it only has one OS i,e win 7.
I put value as 0 in time to display operating systems and it kept giving a insane high pitch alarm sound, which sounded like an memory error.
No new hardware has been added on system apart form new ssd with new win 7 install from usb
Imgur: The magic of...
On September 18, around 5:30 P.M. I was turning on my computer and went to my room because I had to find my phone. After I got out my room, I forgot that it automatically runs CHKDSK and I left it alone since it was already running. After the CHKDSK, it restarted my computer and everything was good up to the screen where it showed 2 of my accounts, then when I logged onto one of the accounts. It...
Why, I do not know!
I now have about twenty or more.
I will attach the latest list.
Can anyone help me stop this and or suggest a way to find Signed ones?
*THIS WAS FROM THIS POST HERE ---> https://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/416499-efi-boot-bcd-error-while-booting-windows-7-usb-installation.html*
ok so after the \EFI\BOOT\BCD Error i finally manage to fix it (maybe)
but now i just get stuck at starting windows logo.
i don't know if it's a problem or i have to wait a little bit longer, By the way here is the image:
Yesterday I fired up my desktop computer. I got a message that said that it could not connect to the Windows Server. On my laptop I logged on to the internet and found a fix. In the command prompt I typed in netsh winsock reset and it fixed the problem. When I tried to open Google Chrome I got The site cant be reached. I ran a Windows Network Diagnostics and the problem found was The DNS...
MS Word leaves this this: `$B Stuff.doc in folder the sometimes I experience a problem with macro virus.
Have been able to clear macro virus but it re-appears at random times, several wks.
Please help if possible?
When I move the slider of screen brightness it doesn't dim the screen nor does the light up the screen.
I've installed both graphics card with latest drivers, intel HD 3000 graphics and display drivers for AMD HD 6700M series.
I've tried via HP quick launch keys and same thing happens.
Whats causing this,and how can I resolve it,to work normally?
Suddenly my desktop background turned black and I can't change wallpaper no matter what I do. I can only change the color. And plus when I go to a folder all my files have transparent icons and I can't fix it. Please help
Hi, havent been using my pc for a few months, after the break i just went straight into some games. And here begins my issue: as long as i am playing not-quite heavy gpu stress games like fifa or hearthstone, nothing major happens. But once i start to play some heavier games like the witcher, black screens occurs almost immadiately. Same happens with furmark and occt PSU stress test.
I use the vga port to output video to our FHD TV/monitor. I accidentally set the external display properties incorrectly and lost the ability to stream video to the FHD TV. Can anyone tell me how to restore this ability to the pc (Win7 Pro, 64-bit).
At the moment, when I connect the VGA cable to the pc I see the unsupported mode message displayed.
I am have a really slow boot up
ntbtlog.txt for boot log attached.
08/30/2018 - 04:24:17 PM
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
First, apologies if this post is not in the right forum. Please advise.
Problem: Recent installs and or updates have hose my Windows 7 pro DELL laptop and I am going mad trying to fix/recover.
1. Boot time takes nearly forever.
2. When finally booted, after logging in the screen goes black with only cursor. I have a work around, but not a fix for this. Work around is...
In March 2014, Microsoft released the source code to MS-DOS 1.25 and 2.0 via the *Computer History Museum (http://www.computerhistory.org/)*. The announcement also contains a brief history of how MS-DOS came to be for those new to the subject, and ends with many links to related articles and resources for those interested in learning more.
Today, we're *re-open-sourcing MS-DOS on...
I can't update my Win 7 Pro 64Bit.
I get error code *80073712 *for update KB4457144 and *800B0100 *for updates KB3156016, KB3110329, KB3078601.
I have followed all the steps outlined in forum's guide, as well as trying multiple restarts and clearing dead end registry entries.
All that I accomplished is that after Microsoft 500MB fix, my theme went to default and I can't change frame colors...
I've been bashing my head against this thing for an hour now. I'm trying to install Microsoft SQL Server Management studio from the official Microsoft site into a VM running Win7. I tried from the latest version and went down to the oldest version they provide. And every single time it gives me some cockamamy error message like this one, or something about the root certificate in another VM:
I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1 on a Dell Precision M4600 laptop that my uncle got for me last month, with the latest drivers and graphics cards.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8074MB RAM