- RSS Channel Showcase 8061330
- RSS Channel Showcase 1170755
- RSS Channel Showcase 2709332
- RSS Channel Showcase 6756703
Articles on this Page
- 09/26/18--06:55: _Google Chrome 70 wi...
- 09/26/18--07:04: _Twitter creating ne...
- 09/26/18--07:15: _Solved WAN Port not...
- 09/26/18--08:17: _Google working to f...
- 09/26/18--09:24: _Wallpaper; Desktop ...
- 09/26/18--10:46: _Solved Chrome and F...
- 09/26/18--12:29: _How to keep hackers...
- 09/26/18--15:31: _Questions about Win...
- 09/26/18--17:32: _Password not accept...
- 09/26/18--17:50: _I hope someone can ...
- 09/27/18--00:51: _Cannot connect to w...
- 09/27/18--01:38: _Word 2016 - missing...
- 09/27/18--03:23: _Am I correct when I...
- 09/27/18--07:14: _Win7 SP1 registry h...
- 09/27/18--10:17: _Microsoft shares mo...
- 09/27/18--11:04: _Creator and Credit ...
- 09/27/18--12:11: _ESET discovers firs...
- 09/27/18--12:22: _Microsoft will end ...
- 09/27/18--17:23: _Facebook Mass Tag
- 09/27/18--20:24: _Windows 7 : Drive Name
- 09/26/18--06:55: Google Chrome 70 will include option to stop automatic sign-in
- 09/26/18--07:04: Twitter creating new policy to address dehumanizing language
- 09/26/18--07:15: Solved WAN Port not working on Linkskey Broadband Router LKR-604
- 09/26/18--08:17: Google working to fight disinformation online
- 09/26/18--09:24: Wallpaper; Desktop Background doesn't scan for new thumbnails
- 09/26/18--10:46: Solved Chrome and FireFox will NOT minimize properly after PC crash
- 09/26/18--12:29: How to keep hackers from turning on sharing with remote computer
- 09/26/18--15:31: Questions about Windows security and User account
- 09/26/18--17:32: Password not accepted to get it out of Safe Mode
- 09/26/18--17:50: I hope someone can help with System Restore issue
- 09/27/18--00:51: Cannot connect to wifi with username and password in college campus!
- 09/27/18--01:38: Word 2016 - missing text on prints
- 09/27/18--03:23: Am I correct when I think that Windows Updates includes "drivers"?
- 09/27/18--07:14: Win7 SP1 registry help. No access to Admin
- 09/27/18--10:17: Microsoft shares more info on the update to Skype version 8
- 09/27/18--11:04: Creator and Credit metadata added to images on Google Images
- 09/27/18--12:11: ESET discovers first LoJax UEFI rootkit malware by Sednit group
- 09/27/18--12:22: Microsoft will end support for Skype version 7 in November
- 09/27/18--17:23: Facebook Mass Tag
- 09/27/18--20:24: Windows 7 : Drive Name
We recently made a change to simplify the way Chrome handles sign-in. Now, when you sign into any Google website, youre also signed into Chrome with the same account. Youll see your Google Account picture right in the Chrome UI, so you can easily see your sign-in status. When you sign out, either directly from Chrome or from any Google website, youre completely signed out of your...
The *Twitter Rules (https://blog.twitter.com/official/en_us/topics/company/2018/TheTwitterRulesALivingDocument.html)* apply to everyone who uses Twitter. In the past, weve created our rules with a rigorous *policy development process (https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/enforcement-philosophy)*; it involves in-depth research and partnership with the members of our *Trust...
I need some network assistance.
I have never used the WAN port on the Linkskey.
I set it up as a network switch.
Up until the USB printer port failed this was the config...
LAN Port 1 - ZTE wireless router (ISP connection to Internet)
LAN Port 2 - This PC
LAN Port 3 - Basement PC
Today, the European Commission published a Code of Practice on Disinformation in Europe -- a code we helped create. The Code is the next step in the work were already doing with experts and publishers worldwide to elevate quality information online and support news literacy.
Today, people have more information at their fingertips than ever before, and a free and open web is a...
For changing Wallpaper images under Desktop background, the O/S isn't scanning for new images added to the Wallpaper folder. All it show are placeholders for the image which is usually the icon for the default image program (IfanView).
*This does _not_ have to do with Explorer windows*, just wallpaper selection.
1. If I use Disk Cleanup/Thumbnails and check that, all of the...
Running Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit and occasionally my PC will crash with a BSOD when it "wakes up" from sleep or hibernation or whatever it does when it's idle for a certain period of time; however, this time around, once it had booted back up after crashing (I chose to start Windows normally after the crash) it had a weird side effect of FireFox and Chrome both being unable to minimize...
Hi! Now and then in recent times, I find my computer turned to remote sharing, and I have to uncheck that option. I have an antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials), and also CCleaner. I con't want to pay for computer protection. What do you suggest as being the best way to check for unauthorized activity and to stop it? I have a windows 7 Lenovo Laptop Think pad computer.:p
Can software be installed by a user in a Users account? I found the Opera browser software installed
in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local folder and not in the registry. I think it was installed by a USB key, because the only browser is Firefox 52.9 ESR where the downloads are password protected.
If this is possible, how can I prevent users from installing without disabling USB key transfers...
Hello, I have an elderly friend with a laptop that a neighbor of his set up, and the neighbor is gone now. It starts only in Safe Mode with networking. When I try to get it to start normal, it will not accept his password. I have tried changing the password, which I have to do from Safe Mode, and it does not solve the problem. I want to start it up in normal working mode and be able to use it...
:p I hope someone can help with System Restore issue.
Windows 7 64 bit.
For quite some time I have been working long hours on a project,
and stupidly haven't kept up with housekeeping.
Especially keeping an eye on Hard Drive space.
Yesterday my machine started to act oddly, first Outlook icon
Hello we have wifi in our college campus and i was given a username and password for it. I can connect to it through my phones wifi but not on my laptop.
Error is Windows was unable to connect to "wifiname".
Any help is appriciated
Got office 2016 OEM installed on all computers in company.
Sometimes when someone printing document it results with missing/corrupted text:
-Often it just not printing symbols|words|strings;
-A bit rarely it prints string vertically with one symbol per string.
For example, yesterday when i'm printed some documents it replaced "01-01" with " -01" and "01-02" with "2". All text have same...
I came across this site this morning;
Windows Drivers - Update your Windows Drivers & Speed Up Your PC! (https://www.solvusoft.com/en/driverdoc/landing/)
It states it is certified by Microsoft and that it will sort out
any updated drivers that it finds.
The thing is, I always thought that Windows Updates dealt with
First off, this site is awesome so thank you to the contributors who make this place great.
My work laptop (Lenovo Win7 SP1) has been crapping out lately with random restarts etc
I have two accounts on this machine (primary is JS with full admin control) second is Admin with zero control.
My primary (JS) profile will NOT load and gives me the user profile error. I did the registry...
Hello, Skype community! We hope you're all enjoying the latest updates to Skype version 8 for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices. We wanted to share a few more details on the ongoing update to Skype version 8 (https://blogs.skype.com/news/2018/07/16/upgrade-to-the-latest-version-of-skype-for-desktop/) to keep you up to speed on the latest info.
*Why update everyone to Skype...
As part of a collaboration between Google, photo industry consortium *CEPIC (http://www.cepic.org/about)*, and *IPTC (https://iptc.org/)*, the global technical standards body for the news media, you can now access rights-related image metadata in Google Images.
Its traditionally been difficult to know the creator of images on the web, as well as who might own the rights. This...
UEFI rootkits are widely viewed as extremely dangerous tools for implementing cyberattacks, as they are hard to detect and able to survive security measures such as operating system reinstallation and even a hard disk replacement. Some UEFI rootkits have been presented as proofs of concept; some are known to be at the disposal of (at least some) governmental agencies. However, no...
Were continuing to work on your most requested features. Recently we launched call recording and have started to roll out the ability to search within a conversation. Youll soon be able to add phone numbers to existing contacts, have more control over your availability status, and more. As we continue to focus on and improve Skype version 8, support for Skype versions 7, and below...
I was looking to one-clik tag ALL friends in a post and cannot find a button for this anywhere on facebook. So, I did a web search and discovered a batch file that works, but only will grab approx. 75% of all friends. I am not sure if I am running it correctly or it is just not coded well. If it is good can someone post the proper step-by-steps? The file is attached for those of you who are...
i have a Seagate external drive used as backup; assigned to Drive I:; when I would boot up, that drive was always correct; yesterday, I replaced my printer (USB connection); now, the Seagate shows is as Drive K: and when I go to Disk Management to Change, Drive I: does not show as an option; if I reboot and immediately go to Change Drive, I: will be there.
What's the problem; how can I assure...