- RSS Channel Showcase 1553366
- RSS Channel Showcase 6137577
- RSS Channel Showcase 6785422
- RSS Channel Showcase 2475232
Articles on this Page
- 08/25/18--07:24: _Hard drive mysterio...
- 08/25/18--07:38: _Enabling PS2 Ports ...
- 08/25/18--09:04: _Win7 stuck on logo,...
- 08/25/18--10:07: _User Account Files -
- 08/25/18--11:32: _i8042prt.sys (for ...
- 08/25/18--11:51: _BSOD 19 "BAD_POOL_H...
- 08/25/18--16:41: _Very slow Startup- ...
- 08/25/18--19:31: _Can't find WES7 for...
- 08/25/18--19:41: _need to unmount folder
- 08/26/18--01:33: _Black screen before...
- 08/26/18--02:35: _how can I remove un...
- 08/26/18--02:52: _My computer has col...
- 08/26/18--04:14: _Enabling advanced a...
- 08/26/18--04:33: _Saving MS Office Files
- 08/26/18--09:55: _WUpdate KB4343900 f...
- 08/26/18--11:40: _Windows 7 ISO
- 08/26/18--11:51: _Wireless Network Co...
- 08/26/18--13:00: _locked out of my Us...
- 08/26/18--15:34: _Unknown program, wo...
- 08/26/18--20:49: _Trying to repair OS...
- 08/25/18--07:24: Hard drive mysteriously lost approx 170 GB
- 08/25/18--07:38: Enabling PS2 Ports (ASUS H97 Plus)
- 08/25/18--09:04: Win7 stuck on logo, safe mode crashes
- 08/25/18--10:07: User Account Files -
- 08/25/18--11:32: i8042prt.sys (for PS2)
- 08/25/18--11:51: BSOD 19 "BAD_POOL_HEADER" while installing any large programs
- 08/25/18--16:41: Very slow Startup- 5:30+ minutes
- 08/25/18--19:31: Can't find WES7 for an HP t5740e thin client
- 08/25/18--19:41: need to unmount folder
- 08/26/18--01:33: Black screen before log in screen sometimes
- 08/26/18--02:35: how can I remove unknown user from home group I used to use?
- 08/26/18--02:52: My computer has collapsed contents
- 08/26/18--04:33: Saving MS Office Files
- 08/26/18--09:55: WUpdate KB4343900 fails with error 80073701
- 08/26/18--11:40: Windows 7 ISO
- 08/26/18--11:51: Wireless Network Connection - no valid IP
- 08/26/18--13:00: locked out of my User Account with CORRECT password
- 08/26/18--20:49: Trying to repair OS errors in W7 Home Premium
Win 7 64 bit with two internal 1 TB hard drives. The system disk had around 200GB feee . Yesterday got a BSOD reported to be a reg corruption and did start up repair. Today noticed only 30 GB free space so had lost about 170 GB
I moved an 80GB folder to other internal drive to give some space. Now have 110GB free but still missing about 90GB. I did not install anything new or add many photos....
While this MOBO has PS2 ports I could never get them to work.
In re-reviewing the MOBO docs for the BIOS, I find "PS2 Keyboard and Mouse Support" is
listed under "Boot Menu > Fast Boot".
However Fast Boot is not available unless one has UEFI and also a GPT primary partition.
Seems odd that PS2 would be disabled for Legacy.
Hi, my pc with win7 got a problem that freezes it on windows logo on boot. Before that problem, i had to reboot pc after i installed newest version of ccleaner and while running, it freezed my pc. Similar thing happened to my different pc years ago, so i thought i could fix it. I accessed safe mode, and that booted fine, i disabled some startup programs, including ccleaner, which may have slowed...
Attached is a explorer window screen capture of my user account showing a ton of files that I would like to learn what they are and how/why they are there and can they be deleted or should not. All these files have one of these extensions :
Please see discussion here:
I am getting extremely consistent BSOD's with "BAD_POOL_HEADER" while installing any large program - both using Revo Install Logger and without. Since this started I am also getting them on procexp141.sys when I open my sysinternals task manager. I first noticed it when Direct X was installing, but I have a sneaking suspicion this is regarding the video card. I am noticing a very serious...
My Startup used to be about 90sec to 2min. About 2 months ago it took longer and longer to get through to where I could start using it. Now it stands at 5+ minutes.
I've done EVERYTHING that has been suggested on this site and others- no help. I've tried to fix the problem and educate myself at the same time. Nothing has worked, I've rebooted at least a dozen times after each solution that...
My son just picked up an HP thin client from a store that was going out of business. I'm trying to reformat it for him but HP doesn't seem to have the OS on their site. It's a HP t5740e. When I turn it on all I get is a web browser (no desktop, nothing). Is there any place I can download the OS and get this thing up and running for him?
Advice given me was that to solve a problem a file should be mounted. This was done and the problem was solved. Now I wish to unmount the file, and cannot find any way of doing this. Advice would be valued. thank you.
Good day all,
I am trying to find out what the cause is. It does not happen every time but sometimes when I start up my Laptop, it show a black screen before the log in screen and I am unable to do anything.
I would need to press the power button (sleep) and then press it and then shows welcome screen. There is no mouse icon when it is in black screen mode
I am using Windows 7...
Hi! I am no longer using my home network. And I'm also afraid that some unknown users could make use of my computer through a home network. In any case, I see that I have some unknown user profiles listed on my computer, like when I clicked on properties(or something like that) in the options I found by right clicking on a movie maker project that won't open (it's faded and error message...
How can I get "my computer" to show it's usual contents again? All it shows is the DVD drive today. And why does it say I have 2 drives? I don't want unknown users using my computer, so how can I make it say I have just one drive? I've turned off home sharing on both computers recently, but I see that it still says I have 2 drives!
I'm currently trying to enable an option that will help me with virtual machines in the bios (forget the name) and can't find it, here's some computer info:
Bios revision: 3.5
Bios version: 3.04
Vga bios version: Intel V1800
I've already tried a few things people have said to no avail, but I'm hoping that is only because the computer is different from the others in a way....
I have MS Office 2013 Professional. Lately when I save a file, it saves in the path I have set but also saves in my Download Folder. Nothing has been Downloaded, it just saves there. The path in Word and Excel are OK to where I want it saved and Google Chrome has the Download Folder as it should be. Would you have any ideas on what I can check to stop the files from saving in Download folder?...
Have run sfc /scannow
Have run chkdsk /r
Have run surt, logs attached.
Are there any good sites left to download Win 7 ISO?
Hello Everyone, I'm really sorry for having to post this thread. I've searched and searched both here and elsewhere for a solution, and I'm stumped. I see there are numerous threads with this problem, after reading them all I'm none the wiser.
The network connection went down, and when I troubleshoot the answer I get is "Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration". What...
A few days ago on my HP laptop Pavilion I was locked out of my user account. Yes, CAPS were off. Yes, I restarted the laptop. It didn't matter. And no, nobody has access to my machine.
I was able to sidestep the issue a couple of times by logging into my Admin account and then switching over to my regular account which required that password but somehow it now worked.
You can probably...
I just noticed a program in the " Programs and Features " list ( Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit),
details as follows ;
Name : 699ca00DDb195 installed 2/11/14
No publisher , size or version listed. Googling came up with nothing.
I'm trying to clean out the system. Is there a means to uninstall and place in a " quarantine " so I can use with this program disabled and see if...
Helping a friend to repair three OS issues that cropped up in a Toshiba Satellite 14" laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. Unfortunately, I never used a W7 Home version, and the OS is in French with which my technical language skills too weak to understand the error messages completely.
1. The login screen no longer shows the icons and accounts of the three users. Instead it shows one empty...