- RSS Channel Showcase 7779402
- RSS Channel Showcase 2634351
- RSS Channel Showcase 7861600
- RSS Channel Showcase 6612184
Articles on this Page
- 06/28/18--06:14: _Need help fixing my...
- 06/28/18--06:15: _Windows 7 on a 4k TV
- 06/28/18--07:35: _MS Visio 2010 locks...
- 06/28/18--08:18: _How Do I Rename A F...
- 06/28/18--08:47: _game vs video card ...
- 06/28/18--10:05: _Windows Command-Lin...
- 06/28/18--14:05: _Laptop shuts off wh...
- 06/28/18--16:36: _Can I drop hard dri...
- 06/28/18--19:36: _Windows 7 won't boo...
- 06/29/18--09:02: _Rebuild corrupt Bcd..
- 06/29/18--09:54: _Please Recommend Be...
- 06/29/18--12:42: _How to use gzip ins...
- 06/29/18--13:40: _Can't Re-start Prin...
- 06/29/18--13:52: _Oculus Rift now nee...
- 06/29/18--20:17: _BSODs for months, v...
- 06/29/18--22:51: _Turning off auto-ar...
- 06/30/18--06:57: _Windows failed to s...
- 06/30/18--07:04: _Why do I have 2 par...
- 06/30/18--09:26: _Explorer not showin...
- 06/30/18--10:39: _Lightning strike 0x...
- 06/28/18--06:14: Need help fixing my Hard Drive/ Only shows up as Local Disk (F:)
- 06/28/18--06:15: Windows 7 on a 4k TV
- 06/28/18--07:35: MS Visio 2010 locks up with database drawings
- 06/28/18--08:18: How Do I Rename A Font?
- 06/28/18--08:47: game vs video card help
- 06/28/18--10:05: Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line
- 06/28/18--14:05: Laptop shuts off when unplugged & battery stuck at same percentage
- 06/28/18--16:36: Can I drop hard drive into a new laptop?
- 06/28/18--19:36: Windows 7 won't boot anymore. Disk is still accessible.
- 06/29/18--09:02: Rebuild corrupt Bcd..
- 06/29/18--09:54: Please Recommend Best Free PDF Creator (Not Nitro/Primo)
- 06/29/18--12:42: How to use gzip inside a .bat on Win 7
- 06/29/18--13:40: Can't Re-start Print Spooler Service - Error 1068
- 06/29/18--13:52: Oculus Rift now needs Windows 10 for minimum system requirements
- 06/29/18--20:17: BSODs for months, variety of errors
- 06/29/18--22:51: Turning off auto-arrange when "group by type" is checked.
- 06/30/18--06:57: Windows failed to start
- 06/30/18--07:04: Why do I have 2 partitons after HD reformat?
- 06/30/18--09:26: Explorer not showing libraries!
- 06/30/18--10:39: Lightning strike 0x000100704 et al.
My computer wont recognize my WD My Book. Whenever I connect it to Windows 10, it just comes up as "Local Disk (F:). Trying to click on it just causes my computer to freeze until I unplug the Hard Drive from the USB port.
I really dont want to reformat my Hard Drive because I have a lot of important things on it. At the very least Id like to find a way to transfer all the files onto my...
I was using a 40'' 1080p TV as my windows 7 display for years, few days ago I bought a 40'' 4k display and hooked it up. Everything works but the mouse is laggy. This PC is mostly about Plex media server and watching movies I'm not a gamer. Mouse lag is noticed moving the cursor around the desktop, I can live with that. But in the worst case scenario the mouse freezes altogether, in which case...
Win 7 x64, fully patched
MS Visio 2010, fully patched (14.0.7015.100)
I created a database diagram last year and worked on it over a period of time without any issues. According to the time stamp on the file, the last time it was saved was Dec 2017. A couple of months ago, I tried to work on the file, but as soon as I did anything (move a table, add a connector, rename a column, etc.), Visio...
When in Word or Photoshop or any app where I can apply text and assign a specific font I find many font names that I would like to rename. How to do?
dose anyone know of a site that can tell if a game will work with my video card etc. tired of buying games that I cant use.
Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like PowerShell and Windows Subsystem for Linux.
*Posts in this series:*
1. *Command-Line Backgrounder*...
Recently I've ran into the problem that my laptop shuts off randomly whenever its not charging and unplugged.
First my laptop ran smoothly with no problem for an hour or so without charging then suddenly turns off.
Now my laptop won't turn on without being charged and it turns off immediately when unplugging the charger. I've already replaced the battery so that doesn't seem to be the problem,...
I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on an ageing laptop, with cooling problems. So I want a new laptop.
However the original disk drive is a 1TB SSD so I don't want to waste it,; plus I don't fancy re-installing all my software and moving all my data manually to the new laptop!
So can I simply take out the original 1TB SSD, drop it into the new laptop, and let Windows on the drive...
I was playing a game on my primary monitor (in fullscreen) while watching a stream through Chrome on my second monitor. I've done this a million times before without problems.
(I had more stuff running at the time, like Discord. Can't recall exactly what I had going on.)
Out of nowhere, both monitors freeze, but the sound keeps going. Then, the secondary monitor went...
Window 7 Ultimate 64bit..for some reason my bcd got corrupt..I just downloaded Windows 7 Ult 64 bit iso from trusted source and created a bootable CD..I want to rebuild CD from going to repair computer via CD..I have some doubts..I have boot partition X: (30mb)..and Windows is Installed on C: (100Gb)..What commands I should give to rebuild bcd.. please someone give details about how rebuildbcd...
I'm after recommendations for a free PDF creator for my desktop pc. I have been happily using Nitro Primo to create PDFs, but it seems to have stopped working on my pc. For some reason, the print function won't work any more. I used to hit 'print', and Primo would open with a small window on my screen then create a PDF, but it stopped appearing. It even stopped being listed on 'Devices and...
I'm able to compress files using gzip in CMD but when I use gzip inside a .bat file I just get a loop. I tried various commands, tried to simplify the options, and also tried to specify the path to the input file within the .bat but it didn't work.
I'm out of ideas.
Any help is appreciated.
gzip 1.3.12, Win7 Ultimate x64.
I had a problem with my Primo PDF creator. When I clicked 'Print' (Primo PDF acts as a printer driver) to convert something into a PDF, nothing was happening. I have tried restores, uninstalling and re-installing the Primo program - nothing worked.
Then a member on here suggested trying an alternative PDF creator (Cute). I did - it wouldn't install - but it gave me the reason which is...
Across the Oculus PlatformRift, Touch, and our core system softwarewere continuously working to upgrade and advance the PC VR experience for everyone. Doing so requires taking full advantage of the latest technology.
Thats why, as of today, were updating our minimum and recommended spec OS to Windows 10 to power the full Rift experience. Windows 7 and 8.1 users are still...
In what has been going on for the past several months, I've been getting BSODs far too often. Since almost two months ago, I started keeping more track of what the crash said it was and what I was doing at the time. Common error names that've shown up include System Service Exception, IRQL, Driver IRQL, and KMode. Activities performed when those crashes have happened include gaming, web browsing,...
In Windows 7 even if you have auto-arrange turned off, it "turns on" again when you select "Group by type" in a folder. You can put folders in the order you want when it's turned on. Is there any registry edit to disable auto-arrange when "Group by type" is checked?
Please see the attachment..I think that MBAMS.....sys is somehow related to Malware bytes.. Should I use Farbar recovery tool to use and remove..is it safe!!..
Lenovo G450 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
This has been something that has been bugging me for a while as while I don't end up doing this often, in the past I have started out with a brand new Hard drive to perform a completely clean rebuild of the OS with, formatted it as you would normally and so long at its the first time I end up with one drive with only one partition and at the disks full capacity right from the start....
Apologies if this has been asked before, but a search did not show anything specific to this issue. The screenshot shows the problem - does anyone have any ideas?
Following a lightning strike, my OS has not wanted.to behave. I get bsods when I try to login & when I use "bootlogging", I manage to access task manager & kill applications & msconfig to perform bare knuckle boots. I perhaps installed an unadvised driver, but have since managed to roll it back.
I have timidly restored
The strange thing after the lightning event was that I was without...